Wander through the 100m-long Edwardian pergola covered in roses and clematis, to the restored sunken garden. Follow the stream to the spring garden or take the circular walk up through the hillside arboretum. In the large walled garden you’ll find a wide range of carefully tended fruit and vegetables, a vibrant cut-flower garden and 13 Victorian glasshouses full of chillies, tomatoes, peaches and grapes, as well as orchids and other exotics.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at West Dean Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 25%
- Card not valid on event days – check before setting off
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 1 Gardeners' World ticket online for 2 persons admission. Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open all year, daily, 10.30am-5pm (from 9am Sat, Sun & bank hols; until 4pm Nov-Feb)
Adults & seniors £11 (£7.50 in winter), under-16s free. Booking essential – see website