Spanning three centuries of garden history and design, this unique collection of gardens has been expertly restored and continues to be developed today. The Georgian landscape features lakes, temples and grottoes, and the Edwardian formal garden is one of the finest examples of the collaboration between Gertrude Jekyll and Edwin Lutyens.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Hestercombe Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 50%
- Card valid for the whole property. Card not valid at weekends in Jul & Aug
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 2 Gardeners' World tickets online. Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open all year, daily (but check website for exceptions), 10am-5pm (4pm in winter)
Adults & seniors £13.75, children (5-15) £6.90. Booking essential – see website