Surrounding the medieval castle and overlooking the river Exe are beautiful walled gardens, set among romantic ruins. They include a kitchen garden, orchard, spring bulbs, summer borders, a pergola with scented climbers, and a small woodland. Covering about three acres, the garden is mainly level, but with steps down to the river.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Tiverton Castle
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 25%
- Card valid for the whole property
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Tiverton Castle is currently closed, but hopes to open after 21st June. Check their website for updates and call before visiting
Open 21 Jun-31 Oct, Thu, Sun & bank hol Mon, 2.30-5.30pm
Adults & seniors £8, children (7-16) £3. Booking may be required – see website