Find out how to be more sustainable through inspirational, innovative and fun hands-on displays and gardens. Spend the day exploring the series of productive, wildlife-friendly gardens and woodland, and learning about organic gardening, vegetable growing, composting, container gardening, harvesting rainwater, and much more.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Centre for Alternative Technology
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 20%
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 2-for-1 tickets here. Please select 1 adult and 1 free ticket online
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open all year, daily, 10am-5pm (4pm in winter) – hours may vary, see website for details
Adults £9, seniors £8, children (4-16) £4. Booking may be required – see website