Meet Adam on our Cotswolds tour
Our tailor-made itinerary through the Cotswolds, famous for its rural charm, includes several gardens not normally open to the public, plus talks by head gardeners and owners. Be entertained by Adam’s company, as he joins us for a day. This event has passed, you can view photos and feedback from this Cotswold tour on our feedback page.
29 July - 2 August, 2019
Prices start from £1,075 per person*
Join us on a bespoke tour of some of Cotswolds finest gardens
- We start the tour exploring the gardens of three fascinating private homes. Rodmarton Manor and its gardens are among the best examples of the Arts & Crafts movement in this country
- Then to Eastleach House for a welcome talk and Q&A with the owner
- Next, Stanway House -famous for its gravity-fed fountain, the highest in the world, which will be switched on to entertain our group
- Daylesford House and gardens are a hidden Georgian gem, with walled garden, lake and an Indian-inspired Gothic Orangery. There will also be an informative tour of Daylesford Farm Shop’s impressive organic market garden
- Bourton House offers three acres of rich planting surrounding an elegant 18th century manor house
- For some smaller- scale inspiration, we will discover how the finest garden pots are made on our guided tour of Whichford Pottery’s workshops and charming pottery courtyard
- Highnam Court Gardens offer more horticultural delights with a guided tour from Roger Head, owner and head gardener, before we are joined by Adam at Miserden House. Miserden won the HHA Garden of the Year 2018 award, for its ongoing revival of this historic space
- Then we travel on to the luxurious Barnsley House Hotel for a guided tour of its gardens, created by designer Rosemary Verey, before an indulgent cream tea. Adam will give a pre-dinner talk on this evening.
- Did you know the gardens at Barnsley House Hotel were used as the filming location for BBC Gardeners' World's 50th anniversary cover in 2017 with Monty and Alan?
- Your final day includes Kiftsgate Court – a romantic hillside garden, full of roses and sculpture – and Hidcote Manor, with its vivid summer borders
- We end at historic Sudeley Castle for a tour of the ancient castle and its romantic gardens, plus a farewell cream tea
Our group of 35 will be based at four-star Hilton Puckrup Hall, a stylish mix of old and new in a rural setting in the North Cotswolds. The hotel is set within 140 acres of private land and offers a golf course, spa, fitness centre, indoor pool and newly refurbished restaurant and bar.
Associate Editor David Hurrion
50th anniversary cover shoot at Barnsley House
Renowned Whichford Pottery
- Four nights half-board at the four-star Hilton Puckrup Hall hotel
- Two receptions with Prosecco followed by pre-dinner talks from David Hurrion and Adam Frost. Dinners served with wine
- Adam Frost joins the tour on 1 August
- BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine Editor Lucy Hall joins the tour 31 July-1 August
- Lunches at Bourton and Miserden Houses
- Cream teas at Barnsley House Hotel and Sudeley Castle
- All entry to public and private gardens
- BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine Associate Editor David Hurrion as tour leader
BBC Gardeners' World Magazine Editor, Lucy Hall says:
"I’ve known the Cotswolds and its gardens for many years, and have helped to create this exclusive itinerary so you visit only the best. You’ll enjoy great gardens in excellent company and be hugely entertained by Adam – our star guest – who’ll take a break in filming to join us, for what’s going to be a holiday to remember!"
This is a busy itinerary visiting some sizeable gardens and involving a considerable amount of walking with little or no access to assistance. Please bear this in mind when booking this tour.
*Terms & Conditions:
Insurance is available from £39; single travellers are very welcome – the single room supplement is £156 per person. Holiday organised by and subject to booking conditions of Travel Editions Tours Ltd. Please note all timings are approximate and may be changed. Confirmation will be sent with joining instructions 10-14 days prior to departure. In the case of unforeseen circumstances experts may be substituted.