Finding a lawn mower to suit your needs and your garden can be a struggle, especially when you have a limited budget to spend.
Luckily, Black Friday sales have started and are a great opportunity to buy what are usually relatively expensive gardening machines such as lawn mowers and pressure washers.
This year, sales have begun much earlier, meaning there are more opportunities to find some generous discounts. To help you navigate what can be a hectic shopping event, we’ve put together a list of lawn mower deals on brands that we trust from a variety of retailers.
We have reviewed the best lawn mowers on the market and found you the models which are available for a reduced price now.
Our expert testers are continuously putting a wide range of garden tools and equipment to the test to provide thoroughly researched guides on the best gardening products.
And, to help you find the right lawn mower deal for you, we’ve also answered some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding Black Friday this year. This includes advice on how to get a good deal and whether waiting for Cyber Monday may or not be a wise decision.
For more of the latest discounts, take a look at our Black Friday gardening deals pages. Plus, if you’re shopping the sales for Christmas presents, take a look at our gardening gift ideas for inspiration.
Where have Black Friday sales already begun?
Although Black Friday sales usually take place on the final weekend of November, many retailers have started their Black Friday sales. Offers have begun at a range of retailers including:
- Gtech – Save up to 70% on garden tools, equipment and machinery.
- Halfords – Halfords has a range of Black Friday deals live across pressure washers and other gardening tools.
- Robert Dyas – Deals on mowers from Greenworks and Bosch
- AO – Offers on brands such as Bosch, Karcher, and Black and Decker
- Amazon – Amazon’s early Black Friday sale has started with savings on lawn mowers, pressure washers and hedge trimmers.
- Very – Black Friday deals on a range of garden tools and sheds.
- Currys PC World – Currys offers a price match promise on all items.
If you are looking for offers on plants and light tools, then Crocus and Gardening Direct both have offers on a range of products. For stylish outdoor furniture, Made, Cox and Cox, and Graham and Green are all offering discounts online with codes listed on their respective websites. Wayfair and Coopers of Stortford both also have a range of products on offer and may be useful for gifting and other gardening extras. Plus, Hunter wellies have 20% off selected boots.
Best early lawn mower Black Friday deals
See the best lawn mower deals on our recommended models below:
Kärcher lawn mower Black Friday deals
Kärcher is a highly sought-after brand during Black Friday sales and we anticipate the same this year. When we tested the Kärcher LMO 18 36 Lawn Mower, we found it to be lightweight and easy to use and mows right up to the edge. The battery and charger are interchangeable with other Kärcher 18V Universe tools. Kärcher lawn mower typically price around the £300 to £400 mark.
For a more in-depth assessment, read the full Kärcher LMO 18-36 Cordless Lawn Mower Set review.
- Buy Kärcher LMO 18-36 Battery Set at Amazon – £287.14 (was £349.99)
Flymo lawn mower Black Friday deals
Swedish company Flymo manufacturers lawn mowers, hedge trimmers and leaf blowers. Prices start at £70 for their Turbo Lite 250 and can get as high as £800 for some of its robotic lawn mowers such as the Flymo Easilife 500. When tested by our expert reviewers, we found the Flymo 1200R Robotic Lawn Mower to be excellent value, quiet and easy to set up. The model is now even better value as it is currently on offer at Amazon.
- Buy Flymo 1200R Robotic Lawn Mower at Amazon – £545.81 (RRP £599.99)
- Buy Flymo Mighti Mo 300 Li at Currys PC World – £179 (was £234.99)
- Buy Flymo EasiLife 350 Robotic Lawn Mower at Amazon – £637.99 (was £699.99)
Gtech lawn mower Black Friday deals
During our testing of the Gtech CLM 2.0 Cordless Lawn Mower, our reviewers were impressed with its fast charge time, how light and comfortable it was to use and how closely it mowed to the edge. Beyond lawn mowers, Gtech makes hedge trimmers, grass trimmers and leaf blowers in its garden range. The brand also holds its own Black Friday sale.
Read the full Gtech CLM 2.0 Cordless Lawn Mower review.
- Buy Gtech CLM 2.0 Cordless Lawn Mower at Gtech – £249.99 (was £514.99)
Ego lawn mower Black Friday deals
EGO’s gardening equipment includes lawn mowers, hedge trimmers and chain saws. Prices for a EGO lawn mower range from £400 to £780. When put to the test, our reviewers found the EGO LM1701E, one of EGO’s cheaper models, to be easy to assemble, sturdy and to have a wide variety of cutting heights.
Read the full EGO LM1701E Cordless Lawn Mower review.
- Buy Ego LM1701E Cordless Lawn Mower on Amazon – £363 (RRP £479)
Gardena lawn mower early Black Friday deals
Gardena’s lawn mower range varies from the relatively simple Gardena Comfort Hand Cylinder 400C to more sophisticated robotic mowers such as the Gardena Smart Sileno Life. Awarded 4.3 of out 5 stars, the Gardena robotic lawn mower was described as quiet, light and smart connectivity made it simple to use once set up.
Read the full Gardena Smart Sileno Life Robotic Lawn Mower review.
- Buy Gardena Smart Sileno Life Robotic Lawn Mower at Amazon – £849.95 (was £999.99)
Bosch lawn mower Black Friday deals
Bosch is a well known brand within the gardening and tool sector. Providing a range of powerful tools including lawn mowers, models by Bosch can climb into the higher end of the price range. Over the seasons we have tested a wide range of products from the brand and now a number of mowers have been reduced as part of the Black Friday sales.
To find out more about Bosch lawn mowers, read the full Bosch Indego S+ 400 Robotic Mower review.
- Buy Bosch CityMower 18 Cordless Lawn Mower at AO – £229 (was £269)
- Buy Bosch AdvancedRotak 36-750 Cordless Lawn Mower at AO – £499 (was £599)
- Buy Bosch Indego 350 Connect Robotic Lawn Mower at John Lewis – £809 (was £899)
- Buy Bosch Indego S+ 400 Robotic Lawn Mower at Tooled Up – £839.95 (RRP £949.99)
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is on 27 November this year, with Cyber Monday soon after on 30 November.
Beginning as a US tradition, the shopping event falls on the Friday after Thanksgiving, which is always the last Thursday in November.
However, Black Friday has expanded much beyond the day itself. In recent years, the sales have been known to span a two-week period starting the week before Black Friday and continuing into the following week.
As the event has become more popular, many retailers have started releasing their deals earlier to entice more customers. So while we still have a month until Black Friday, we can expect to see more offers trickling through in the next few weeks.
Are the deals on Black Friday worth waiting for?
Some of the biggest discounts of the year are often found during the Black Friday sales. Retailers are fond of discounting big-ticket items including lawn mowers. Other machinery and tools that see their prices cut are pressure washers, sheds and garden furniture.
Last year we saw Kärcher offer up to 40% off all its garden and home products, which included the full range of pressure washers, along with their vacuums and steam cleaners.
Of course, we can’t guarantee that this discount will be repeated this year, but if you can afford to wait until November, there’s a good chance you could save money during Black Friday.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
There are a number of ways to make sure you get a good deal on Black Friday. These include:
- Research. Knowing which brands (and models) are popular with expert reviewers will help you find a good quality product, at a great price. Our lawn mower reviews are a good place to start. We have tried and tested cordless lawn mowers, push mowers and robotic lawn mowers to help you find a model suited to you.
- Have a list. Writing out a list of the products you need will help you avoid spending too much on spontaneous items.
- Keep an eye on prices. When you have a specific item you want to save money on, start looking at prices in advance. Knowing the price now will help you gauge what is a good deal when the sales start.
- Shop around. Once you have found the item you want, check the price of the same product elsewhere so you don’t pay more than you need to. Some retailers like John Lewis will honour the lower price if you find the same product being sold cheaper by another retailer.
- Check our recommendations. We are regularly updating our Black Friday gardening deals round ups with the best offers.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday has traditionally been an online-only event and is often preferred by those who don’t like chaotic crowds often brought out by Black Friday.
Due to lockdown measures requiring all non-essential stores to be closed over the lockdown period, all the discounts can be found online. Because of this, there may be less of a separation between the Black Friday sales and those of Cyber Monday.
So, while Cyber Monday has its fair share of discounts, we can’t be certain that waiting until then will get you a better deal. With more people planning to shop online, there have been suggestions that stock may be limited and deals may only last for a limited time.
Instead, you might find it more beneficial to spend time now deciding on the products you would like to find discounted and begin researching and price monitoring. This way, by the time Black Friday comes around, you’ll be able to identify the genuine deals and buy with confidence.
However, it’s always good to bear in mind that it’s only a good deal if you were always intending on spending money on that product in the first place.