Making the most of your outdoor space is more important than ever these days. And with carefully selected garden furniture you can curate a sophisticated patio for lively barbecues and entertaining or carve out a quiet reading corner with a well-placed modern garden bench.
Of course, quality garden furniture will come with a price tag, but luckily the main sales event of the year, Black Friday, has arrived. Due to the current lockdown, all retailers are closed for the rest of November meaning that all offers are available online.
A large range of retailers began their sales early on a wide array of gardening products including outdoor furniture.
To help you make informed choices, we have been monitoring the prices of a number of garden products, including garden tool deals and furniture, so we are able to share with you any offers which are worth a second look.
Below, we take you through everything you need to know about Black Friday and share some of the offers which are continuing for the Cyber Weekend.
Where to find Black Friday and Cyber Monday garden furniture deals
Many retailers and brands began to offer discounts even weeks ahead of the official Black Friday date. There are sales continuing for Cyber Weekend and Cyber Monday at a number of online retailers including:
- Made – Up to 20% off
- Coopers of Stortford – Up to 50% off for Black Friday.
- Robert Dyas – Offering deals on wooden benches and garden table sets.
- Amazon – The Black Friday sale at Amazon is across everything from lawn mowers to tools.
- Cox and Cox – Savings on both indoor and outdoor furniture.
- Graham and Green – 10% off when you spend £200
- Wayfair – Wayfair includes savings on garden furniture and tools in its sale.
If you are looking for offers on plants and light tools, then Crocus and Gardening Direct both have offers – you can save 15% sitewide at Gardening Direct. For power tools or larger items such as mowers, Very, Currys PC World, Halfords and AO are all also offering discounts. Plus, there are plenty of gardening offers at Amazon, including 32% off Greenworks.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday garden furniture deals
We have been keeping a close watch on garden furniture deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Below, we have a selection of products which you are currently able to buy for a reduced price.
Wooden garden furniture deals
- Rowlinson Plumley 6 Seater Dining Set with Green Cushions – £259.99 (was £339.99) at Robert Dyas
- Zest4Leisure Cheltenham Garden Arbour With Storage Box – £234.99 (was £259.99) at Robert Dyas
- Charles Taylor Twin Bench Set – £179.99 (was £229.99) at Robert Dyas
Bulao Garden 2 Seater Sofa – was £599, now £345
This modern, curved outdoor sofa in dark grey features a strip of blue beneath the main body to make a subtle design statement. Made from rattan, the sofa includes a padded cushion and matches co-ordinating coffee and side tables (both also on offer and available on the links below) if you want to create a full set for your patio or decking.
- Buy Bulao Garden Sofa at Made – £345 (was £599)
- Buy Bulao Coffee Table at Made – £99 (was £199)
- Buy Bulao Side Table at Made – £65 (was £99)
Swara Garden set of 2 Garden Dining Chairs – was £179, now £99
This stylish pair of woven chairs is ideal for outdoor eating at a bistro table or as part of a larger dining set. The curved seat pads and backing are woven in co-ordinating patterns for an updated, contemporary look.
- Buy Swara Garden Dining Chairs at Made – £99 (was £179)
- Buy Swara Garden Coffee Table at Made – £129 (was £149)
Carambole Grey Parasol – was £59, now £29
This smart grey garden parasol is rust resistant and easy to clean. The height of the pole can be adjusted, and the canopy is able to tilt to provide the optimum angle for shade from the sun. It doesn’t come with a base so you need to already own a 15kg parasol base or buy one separately.
- Buy Carambole Grey Parasol at B&Q – £29 (was £59)
Dalat Garden Armchair – was £399, now £249
This tall armchair is ultra-modern and would make a cosy, secluded spot for getting comfortable in most outdoor spaces. The seat features a woven, cocoon-like shape and the plump cushions are included.
- Buy Dalat Garden Armchair at Made – £249 (was £399)
Tice Garden Dining Bench Set – was £299, now £279
This bold, six-seater dining table set is ideal for making a statement while offering a practical setting for socialising. The set includes a table and two long benches and comes in a choice of three colours. Choose grey for an understated look or choose chartreuse for something a little bolder.
- Buy Tice Garden Dining Bench Set at Made – £279 (was £299)
- Buy Tice Garden Dining Table in Grey at Made – £99 (was £179)
- Buy Tice Garden Wall Hung Dining Table at Made – £45 (was £49)
Yuri Garden Lounge Chair – was £199, now £189
This statement garden chair injects a hint of tropical sunshine to an English back garden. The chair features metal, angled legs which support a broad, striped seat in woven rattan.
- Buy Yuri Garden Lounge Chair at Made – £189 (was £199)
Catania Garden Table – £229 (was £299)
This slick garden bench is ideal for curating a modern or sophisticated outdoor space. The bench features a white metal frame with grey slats on the seat base and backing. There is also a detachable cushion included.
- Buy Catania Garden 8-Seater Dining Table – £229 (was £299)
Kula Garden Bench Set – was £499, now £345
This stylish garden seating set includes a rectangular table along with two curved bench seats. The seats are made from woven PU rattan and the table can sit up to six people at a time, making it ideal for al fresco dining.
- Buy Kula Garden Bench set in Natural and Blue at Made – £345 (was £499)
- Buy Kula Garden Bench set in Black and White at Made – £345 (was £499)
When does Black Friday 2020 end?
The Black Friday deals will end on Monday 30th November, or Cyber Monday. You can still find plenty of live deals during this Cyber Weekend.
This year, Black Friday 2020 took place on the last Friday of November, on Friday 27th November. Although this final weekend of November is the official sale date, many retailers offered early sales since the beginning of the month.
In the past, Cyber Monday was considered the digital sales version of Black Friday, which took place predominantly in store. Due to lockdown restrictions this year, both events are taking place online meaning the internet will be the simplest way to access all the best deals.
Shopping online is also useful in the run up to Christmas if you are looking for the best gifts for gardeners ahead of the December rush.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
While the buzz around Black Friday can be exciting, it can often also be a hectic, pressure-selling environment in some cases. Below, we share some tips to help you cut through the noise and find a good deal:
- Be clear on which products you are interested in buying, it can be easy to get side-tracked into purchasing items you do not need.
- Know the RRP (recommended retail price) of an item you are interested in purchasing, or at least have a rough idea, so you can see whether you are getting a genuine saving or not.
- Do not necessarily expect the latest models of a brand’s range to be discounted. Sales events are often utilised to clear earlier models and make space for the newest range.
- Balance quality with savings. There are more important factors than cost alone, so be sure to weigh up the quality and overall pros and cons of the product. You are only saving if it is an item you will use.
- Keep checking our lists of Black Friday gardening deals. We are continuously updating our selections with recommended products.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
Without shops open on the high street this year, Black Friday savings are available online rather than in-store as with previous years.
If a product you were hoping to find in the sales was not offered at a discount during Friday’s event, check to see if it appears on Cyber Monday before purchasing it at full price. Both sales events may also be ideal times to browse for other ad hoc bargains such as Christmas gifts you could purchase ahead of the December rush.