Menton Lemon Festival & French Riviera gardens
Get rid of those winter blues with a mini break visiting gardens in the sun-kissed playground of the rich, with garden expert Trevor Edwards.
28 February - 5 March, 2019
5 nights from £1,395pp
- Day 1 Fly from London to Nice. On arrival, travel to the Serre de la Madone garden. Check in to the hotel and enjoy a welcome drink and dinner in a local restaurant.
- Day 2 Following breakfast, you will visit Villa Rothschild gardens at St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, with its exquisite garden and villa. Lunch is available here (not included) before traveling to the Jardin Exotique d’Èze, a treasure trove of exotic plants with stunning views overlooking the French Riviera. In the evening, garden expert Trevor Edwards will give a talk followed by a Q&A session.
- Day 3 Visit Clos du Peyronnet, and experience its exotic flowers, rare bulbs and tranquil water garden on the slopes above the bay of Garavan. In the afternoon you will tour the 150-year-old gardens of La Mortola just across the border in Italy. Lunch is available here (not included). Spend the evening at your leisure.
- Day 4 Transfer to Menton to attend the Lemon Festival, a magical event attracting more than 200,000 visitors. Fruity floats depict everything from Buddhas to coconut groves.
- Day 5 This morning you depart for the Cap d’Antibes and a visit to the Villa Thuret, former home of the botanist Gustav Thuret, with four acres of exotic jungle. Your day continues with a visit to the village of St Paul de Vence, with its art galleries and studios, and memorable panorama at the south end of the village. Lunch is available here (not included) before moving on to the garden of La Mouissone. Spread over three hectares with 250 productive olive trees, the gardens reflect the attributes of Mediterranean climate. Spend the evening at your leisure.
- Day 6 Check out of your hotel and depart for Monaco to visit the Exotic Gardens of Monte Carlo, specialising almost exclusively in succulents. You will then travel to the airport in time for the return flight back to London where the group will disperse or transfer to regional flight connections.
Tour manager & garden expert – Trevor Edwards
Display at Menton Lemon Festival
Villa Rothchild gardens
- Return flights between London and Nice*
- Five nights’ B&B at the four-star Hotel Le Grimaldi in Nice
- Dinner and a welcome drink on the first evening
- Coach travel throughout
- Garden visits to Clos du Peyronnet, Jardin Exotique d’Èze, Fondation Ephrussi de Rothschild, Monte Carlo, Serre de la Madone, Villa Thuret, La Mouissone and Hanbury Gardens (La Mortola)
- Grandstand seat for the Lemon Festival parade
- Services of garden expert Trevor Edwards
Jardin Exotique d’Èze
Terms and conditions
*Regional flight connections may be available on request at a supplement. Insurance is available from £50; single room supplement available at £280 per person. This holiday is organised by and subject to the booking conditions of Brightwater Holidays Ltd. Please note that all timings are approximate and may be changed. Confirmation will be sent with full travel instructions. 10 days prior to the departure.