- Botanical name: Acer palmatum 'Little Princess'
- Common name: Japanese maple
- Plant type: Tree
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Deciduous
- Features: Autumn colour, Dramatic foliage
Acer palmatum is a deciduous, woody shrub native to parts of Asia and Russia. There are many garden-worthy cultivars available, which have been bred for their leaf shapes and colours.
Acer palmatum ‘Little Princess’ has lovely red-green summer leaves, which turn yellow and orange in autumn. With its slow growing, compact habit, 'Little Princess’ makes a fantastic Japanese maple for the small garden or patio pot.
For best results, grow Acer palmatum ‘Little Princess’ in sun or partial shade, and protect it from the harshest winds, which may cause leaf scorch.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade, Partial shade
- Aspect: North facing, East facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle, Back
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline, Acidic
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.