- Botanical name: Pittosporum tobira
- Common name: Japanese mock orange
- Plant type: Shrub
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen
- Features: Scented flowers
Japanese mock orange, Pittosporum tobira, is a compact, rounded evergreen shrub with lustrous, deep green leaves, contrasting with honey-scented, creamy-white flowers from late-spring to summer. Native to China, Korea and Japan, in Britain it's best grown either in the greenhouse border or in a large container on a sunny patio, which you can move indoors in autumn.
For best results water Pittosporum tobira regularly and feed once a month when in growth. Water sparingly in winter.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Hardiness: Tender
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.