- Botanical name: Tulipa 'Fancy Frills'
- Common name: Tulip
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Tulipa 'Fancy Frills' is an outstanding tulip, bearing ivory white flowers with rose stripes and fringe, creating a rich medley of colour. It's a perfect tulip for growing in spring container displays and makes a pretty cut flower. The Royal Horticultural Society has given it its prestigious Award of Garden Merit (AGM).
For best results grow Tulipa 'Fancy Frills' in moist but well-drained soil in full sun. Plant bulbs in November. Once they have flowered, water regularly and remove blooms as they fade to prevent plants wasting energy setting seed.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front, Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
Effects:Purgative if ingested