- Botanical name: Tulipa 'Queen of Night'
- Plant type: Bulb
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen
- Features: Flowers
Tulipa 'Queen of Night' is a distinctive tulip, bearing deep maroon, almost black flowers, making it quite the darkest of any tulip. It's well-suited tor growing among light-coloured tulips in the border or container, and makes a striking cut flower.
For best results grow Tulipa 'Queen of Night' in moist but well-drained soil in full sun. Plant bulbs in November. Once they have flowered, water regularly and remove blooms as they fade to prevent plants wasting energy setting seed.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil, Needs regular watering in pots
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy