- Botanical name: Tulipa 'White Triumphator'
- Common name: Tulip
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Tulips are popular spring-flowering bulbs, displaying masses of bold colours before the herbacoues plants swing into action in late-spring.
Tulipa 'White Triumphator' has goblet-shaped, pure white flowers in late spring. It's a great choice for growing in a mixed border, especially with bronze-leaved fennel or among purple wallflowers. It works well when grown in pots to be enjoyed in its own right on the patio.
For best results, plant Tulipa 'White Triumphator' bulbs in late October and November, and water well before leaving for winter. Grow in well-drained, fertile soil in full sun.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front, Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
Effects:Purgative if ingested