Autumn pruning Masterclass at The Savill Garden
Join us for a special full-day event at The Savill Garden with BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine’s Associate Editor, David Hurrion, and discover how and what to prune in autumn. Plus, enjoy a special talk by Keeper of the Gardens, John Anderson.
Book online here. Select for morning or afternoon pruning masterclass session, but please note the event runs all day, and all attendees should arrive for 10am start. To discuss further details or to book by phone, please call 0871 220 0260 and quote code: Savill.
Thursday 11 October, 2018
£65 pp (subscriber), £75pp (reader)
Perfect your pruning technique with our exclusive Masterclass at The Savill Garden. This event is by popular demand and tickets will sell fast, so don't delay booking. A hidden gem of the royal gardens, The Savill Garden is an inspiration to all who visit its 35 acres.
Whether you’re a beginner or have seasoned green fingers, you'll get all the advice you need to make the right cuts. Attendees can also enjoy the ‘Art in the Garden’ exhibition, with sculptures nestled among the 35-acre, beautifully landscaped grounds.
- Full day’s entry to The Savill Garden, including free parking and 'Art in the Garden' exhibition
- Practical pruning Masterclass
- A talk by Keeper of the Gardens, John Anderson
- 10% discount in plant centre and gift shop
- Set of informative pruning notes
- A goody bag worth over £25 with our compliments
Head of a Cheetah by Carol Orwin – ‘Art in the Garden’
- 10am Tea, coffee and pastries on arrival and a welcome from John Anderson, Keeper of the Gardens
- 10.30am Guests will split into two groups and enjoy the following sessions:
✿ Session 1 Two-hour pruning Masterclass (morning or afternoon session) led by GW Associate Editor David Hurrion
✿ Session 2 Talk about the history and planting at The Savill Garden with John Anderson before he leads a tour of the gardens
- 12.30pm Take lunch in the Savill Garden Kitchen (not included) or bring a picnic and enjoy in the grounds
- 1.30pm Groups swap for the tour or Masterclass
- 3.30pm Day comes to a close and guests take away a free goody bag, with more time to explore the garden and shop with your 10% discount
- 6pm Garden closes
David Hurrion - Associate Editor
John Anderson - Keeper of Gardens
Learn how to prune
- Discover the various pruning methods for different types of shrubs, roses, and fruit
- Learn what to prune and what not to prune in autumn
- Know the right tools for the job
- Understand the way plants grow and the outcomes of pruning
- Make the right cuts to get the best from your plants
Terms and conditions
In the case of unforeseen circumstances experts may be substituted. 10% discount cannot be used on books or promotional items. *Calls charged at 13p/min plus network access charge.