Exclusive reader event at The Savill Garden
Join us for a special full-day event at The Savill Garden with BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine’s Associate Editor, David Hurrion, and discover how to grow and prepare perfect cut flowers plus, enjoy a special talk by Keeper of the Gardens, John Anderson.
Book online here. Select for morning or afternoon cut-flower class session, but please note the event runs all day. To discuss further details or to book by phone, please call 0871 220 0260 and quote code: Savill.
Monday 23 July, 2018
£65 pp (subscriber), £75pp (reader)
A hidden gem of the royal gardens, The Savill Garden is an inspiration to all who visit its 35 acres. With its magnificent herbaceous borders, shrubs, roses and wild flowers, it's the perfect place to discover how to make best use of beautiful blooms and foliage by cutting them to enjoy indoors.
Whether you’re new to growing flowers for cutting, or have a bit of experience, this memorable day will give you all the hints and tips you need to get the most from your flower displays.
- Full day’s entry to The Savill Garden, including free parking
- Cut flower Masterclass
- Tour of the gardens
- 10% discount in plant centre and gift shop
- Goody bag worth over £25 with our compliments
- Your set of informative GW cut flower growing notes, full of advice and practical tips
- Plenty of time for questions
Create beautiful scented displays
- 10am Tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival and a welcome from John Anderson, Keeper of the Gardens
- 10.30am Guests will split into two groups and enjoy the following sessions:
- ✿ Session 1 Two hour cut flower Masterclass (morning or afternoon session - choose at time of booking) led by expert horticulturist and Gardeners' World Associate Editor David Hurrion
- ✿ Session 2 Talk about the history and planting at The Savill Garden with John Anderson before you tour the gardens at your leisure
- 12.30pm Take lunch in The Savill Garden Kitchen (not included in the ticket price) or bring your own picnic and enjoy within the covered area away from the main restaurant
- 1.30pm Groups swap round for the tour or masterclass (choose at time of booking)
- 3.30pm Day comes to a close and guests take away a free goody bag, with time to explore more of the garden and shop with your 10% discount
- 6.00pm The garden closes
David Hurrion - Associate Editor
John Anderson - Keeper of Gardens
Terms and conditions
In the case of unforeseen circumstances experts may be substituted. 10% discount cannot be used on books or promotional items. *Calls charged at 13p/min plus network access charge.