To celebrate the launch of our 2-for-1 Gardens to Visit Card & Guide 2020-21, we’ve teamed up with gardens and organisations participating in the scheme to bring you three fabulous UK holiday competitions, each worth £1,500. Worried about making a plan to travel? Don’t be – you have until spring 2021 to claim these fantastic prizes.
WWT (Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust) was founded by Sir Peter Scott in 1946 as a conservation charity to protect wetland habitats. The WWT mission is to conserve, restore and create wetlands, save wetland wildlife, and inspire everyone to value the amazing things healthy wetlands achieve for people and nature.
Enter for your chance to win the perfect prize for a wildlife lover. Enjoy a three-night stay for up to six people at Bewick’s Lodge, the former house of WWT’s founder at Slimbridge Wetland Centre. You’ll be able to birdwatch from your bed, with magical sights over tranquil Rushy Lake – this will be a unique experience to treasure. You’ll also all have free access to Slimbridge centre for the duration of your stay, with its diverse collection of rare wetland wildlife including otters, flamingos and cranes.
The prize package includes:
To learn more about Slimbridge Wetland Centre, please visit
wwt.org.uk/slimbridge and wwt.org.uk/bewickslodge to discover all about Bewick’s Lodge.
- Three bedrooms with ensuite facilities for up to six guests
- Open-plan kitchen, living and dining room
- A VIP behind-the-scenes wildlife tour (Apr-Sep) or an Evening with Swans Experience (Nov-Feb)
- A bird watching breakfast from South Lake
- We have one prize available to win from WWT Slimbridge
- The prize is worth £1,500 for a three-night stay for six people at Bewick’s Lodge, Slimbridge
- Prize available at any time when the Lodge is not pre-booked, except bank holidays and the Christmas/New Year period
- A VIP behind-the-scenes wildlife tour (Apr-Sep), or an Evening with Swans Experience (Nov-Feb) is included, plus one bird watching breakfast from South Lake
- Valid for stays up until May 2021
- Children under seven years old are not permitted
- Travel costs, food and excursions are not included in the prize
Please note, validity dates subject to change due to coronavirus restrictions
The closing date of the competition is noon Thursday 28 May, 2020. The winner will be notified and prize arranged after this date.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
For more chances to win, don’t forget to enter our other fabulous UK holiday competitions to win a stays at Hotel Endsleigh or English Heritage holiday cottage. Plus, discover which gardens are taking part in the 2-for-1 Gardens scheme in 2020.