Author, broadcaster and organic gardener Jekka McVicar is a leading authority on herbs and their use in the kitchen. Jekka’s Herb Farm in Bristol is home to the largest collection of culinary herbs in the UK – the herbetum area contains over 400 culinary herbs, carefully planted in raised beds.
Enter this competition for your chance to win a pair of tickets or a Baking with Herbs masterclass at Jekka’s Herb Farm in Bristol, on Friday 26 April, 2019. The prize also includes two copies of the newly published A Pocketful of Herbs: An A-Z by Jekka McVicar, from Bloomsbury Publishing – each worth £12.99, which Jekka will sign on the event day.
The day will include a guided culinary tour around the herbetum with Jekka McVicar, which will be followed by a fresh herb infusion tasting. You’ll then enjoy the baking master class with Alistair McVicar, using herbs from the herbetum to create a range of seasonal traditional English treats that are perfect for an afternoon tea. Anything that you don’t eat, you’ll be able to take home with you, along with lots of inspirational cooking ideas.
For more information on Bloomsbury Publishing and Jekka’s, please visit bloomsbury.co.uk and jekkas.com
Please make sure you are available to attend the masterclass on Friday 26 April, 2019, before entering the competition.
- We have one prize to win comprising of a pair of tickets to the Baking with Herbs masterclass at Jekka’s on Friday 26 April, 2019. Plus, a signed copy each of Jekka’s A Pocketful of Herbs: An A-Z
- The prize must be taken on Friday 26 April, 2019
- The winner will be responsible for arranging their own travel to and from the venue
- The winner should contact the venue prior to attending the class with any special dietary requirements
- The closing date of the competition is noon, Wednesday 10 April, 2019
- The winner will be notified and prize details sent out shortly after this date
The closing date for this competition is noon, Wednesday 10 April, 2019. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.