London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
4 messages
20/06/2012 at 11:13

I bought this little chap yesterday in "poorly corner" for a euro.  I'm pretty sure it is an oenothera, despite the plant having no label, but should it be hanging?  I've looked in my garden bible but can't find any reference to a hanging oenothera. 

I think it will bulk up with some tlc and feed but I need to know if it is a "hanger" then I will put it in the appropriate place. 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/9003.jpg?width=341&height=350&mode=max

Merci.

24/06/2012 at 16:52

looks like a "hanger" to me give it a feed and for a euro its got two chances to do well or not..

24/06/2012 at 17:34

I'd repot it, or plant it out, and add some bonemeal. When plants outgrow their pots the flowers often fall over. It's probably root-bound. It does look like an Oenothera

24/06/2012 at 20:00

I've repotted it in some good compost and given it a feed but it still wants to hang down so I've nailed the pot (it's an old aluminium pot) to the wall and it looks rather nice .  I put in a couple of poached egg plant seedlings for company.  Yes, you're right, I'm completely bonkers....

email image
4 messages