6 messages
04/10/2012 at 18:30

my lawn looks horrid, is it ok to seed it now??

04/10/2012 at 19:14

If the soil is warm enough- but it will be slow to germinate- grass seed is not that expensive why not just give it a try?

04/10/2012 at 20:46

Yes, go for it! Not exactly the same but I've just sown my wildflower meadow but now is fine for grass seed too. www.alisonpike.com/blog/

04/10/2012 at 21:55

grown tomatoes for years but this year the skins have had blotches on them and discoulerd a bit but taste o/k, any one know the cause please,

05/10/2012 at 00:10
Sowed grass seed 2 weeks ago and it's up 2". Slightly late but it should be ok. Sotongeoff is right....nothing to lose but I think you will be happy with getting it done now
05/10/2012 at 06:38

I rakekd over and re-seeded some bare patches (builders' skips ) last Sunday and it rained on Monday - perfect timing.  We're still getting some spells of warmish sunshine so I'm hopefull that I'll have a green lawn before very long.  A packet of grass seed cost me £7.99 if I remember correctly - I used about one tenth of it - the chap at the garden centre worked out how much of the special Patching stuff (a mix of coir and seed etc) I would need and he costed it to over £50!  I'm happy to give the cheap and simple solution a go 

Leslie, can you start a new thread for your question?  Then the tomato experts will see it 

email image
6 messages