Start a new thread

61 to 80 of 97 replies

Steve the Gardening Vet

Since this has turned into a discussion about rowing, Himself and I have regular doozies. Always about the same stuff cos he is a stubborn swine, but then so am I...

B3

A person cannot be nagged if  they do what he's told first time.

Dovefromabove

Disagreeing calmly and respecting each other's opinions isn't a row - a row is when you say nasty unkind things to each other - that's not healthy - believe me I know, been there, done that - being unkind to each other isn't healthy, not no way! 

B3 wrote (see)

A person cannot be nagged if  they do what he's told first time.

That was Pa's philosophy - and as he got older he also developed intermittent deafness too.  As he pointed out, Ma had never knowingly been wrong and he wasn't going to be the person to tell her what she didn't know

B3

A wise man,Dove

Hostafan1

Hubby has never , ever been wrong about anything in his whole life. His ( spit ) sister is the same. 

We were together for almost 20 years before he ever said "sorry"

He also has the annoying habit of HAVING  to blame someone, for everything, even for stupid things like " who gave me this cold" as if knowing makes it any different. 

But we still love each other. 

Advertisement

Dovefromabove
Hostafan1 wrote (see)

....He also has the annoying habit of HAVING  to blame someone, for everything, even for stupid things like " who gave me this cold" as if knowing makes it any different. 

I used to have one like that   

Dovefromabove

Were you one of those security men in the black tee shirts David?

Wintersong
David K wrote (see)
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Were you one of those security men in the black tee shirts David?

Nah....DNA results.

Stop while you're ahead 

Hostafan1 wrote (see)

I've got a theory.

Every phone call to the BBC is logged and every month "they" have a meeting to discuss it. 

If we all called to complain every time GW is cancelled, do you think they'd get fed up and cancel something on bbc1 instead? 

I don't think there too much chance of GW being cancelled for sport on the Beeb any more.  They've pulled out of golf coverage and F1, gave up horse racing years ago.  That just leaves Wombledun, so maybe 2 programmes per year.

Topbird

Regularly seems to get cancelled for Affeletics [  ]  in the summer KT.

Am seriously not a fan of all that running and jumping so I especially resent this particular intrusion into my viewing schedule. (Wimbers is acceptable though... )

If we can have Match of the Day on 3 (or is it more?) nights a week  - why can't they just leave 30 minutes of GW alone? 

PS - Big fan of Monty and both his dogs. 

Wintersong

Last time I looked,  BBC had several channels, and red button technology 

there is no excuse 

Good point Wintersong. Why couldn't BBC 3 have been turned into a sports channel, then there would be plenty of room for everything. I do like a lot of sports, but I do get naffed off when GW seems to get put aside for football or snooker. Why couldn't they cancel Eastenders instead??

Hostafan1

I called them once when GW was cancelled for the first day of the British Open Golf Tournament. 11, yes ELEVEN  hours of it. I asked:

" Wouldn't 10 1/2 hours be enough for golf fans and leave us our half hour of gardening?"

If we don't complain, how will they know we're hacked off about it?

My OH sister says there is only two things wrong with men EVERYTHING they say and EVERYTHING they do!  We dont say nasty unkind things to each other, but he doesnt listen, I will say for instance what we are having for dinner, or what time, 10 minutes later he will ask me, I get exasperated.  Believe me Dove I know all about the nasty unkind things said, first hubby was a passive agressive physcopath. Sorry about spelling, Second Hubbies Mother never actually said anything directly nasty, just comments like when we got married said everyone said how nice I looked, but incidentally did I realise my dress was see thru, it wasnt ,it was lined crepe, and my daughters gorgeous hair style, she said it looked better when my daughter aged 2, cut it off, it was waste lenth white blond ringletts , right up to her ear one side!

we have 2 young goldies too and were just commenting how much Nigel and Nelly play around just like our 2 when we are trying to do some gardening!

Advertisement

If anyone needs any digging done they can borrow our puppy!

punkdoc

There is a fight going on in our house at the moment. OH grew up with dogs, and wants one. I am slowly coming round to the idea, but am scared that I would not be able to look after it, whilst she is at work all day.

Hostafan1

don't have one then. If OH is" out at work all day ", it's unreasonable to expect you, who doesn't really want one anyway, to look after it.