Victoria Sponge, thank you, my seeds have just arrived
28/08/2014 at 23:32

Sorry for late thank you, at work today 

Thank you Victoria sponge for the seeds that were waiting for me tonight 

28/08/2014 at 23:33

bekkie I wanted the cosmos! You'll have to grow em for me  Xx

Lyn
28/08/2014 at 23:40

Seeds gone of to Victoria and garden girl, hope you read Nutcutlets tip, thank you for that. I will put them outside for now.

Bekkie thats fine and Beaus mum, I think I have more of those cosmos.

28/08/2014 at 23:44

Oh Lyn that's lovely, I'll pm you more addy if that's ok with you? 

Ps I loved your pic change yesterday, it made me laugh my head off! ( the sexy girl one) 

Lyn
28/08/2014 at 23:59

Ok, me dear,  I will look for seeds tomorrow. Yesterdays pic! I thought that as someone else was posing as someone they were not, No reason why I couldnt, but then I 

had an email from Kylie herself saying that wasnt legal! (That bits not true, she didnt write to me)

29/08/2014 at 00:15

I didn't see the sexy girl one....who was that lol

Lyn
29/08/2014 at 00:20

Me when I was younger, (last year) looking just like Kylie Minogue.

29/08/2014 at 00:28

Oh missed it, did you have it as your avatar......you should put it on camera thread

Lyn
29/08/2014 at 00:44

I would be shot at dawn Lily, copyrights!

29/08/2014 at 07:10

Just seen this blog so here goes.

Dug up all the summer bedding plants as they are going over and looking untidy. 

I bought one packet of general flowering seeds which lasted the whole summer. 

Very good value for money.  I had a succession of beautiful flowers.  When one lot finished I had another to replace it.  (You have to remove the earlier ones to make way for the new.) 

I found lots of wallflower plants that I grew from seed and simply popped them in the ground for them to grow on.  They were hidden by my lovely summer bedding plants.  Now I've rediscovered them I've put them in the places I want them to flower and watered them in well.  (No need to buy any this year which is good).

Will spend the money I've saved on more spring bulbs. 

Managed to get a lavender from my local garden centre (The Dutch Nursery) on a special offer and going to follow Gardeners World tip (very good video) on how to take cuttings from a Heather plant.  That way I'll have loads of plants to grow on in the spring.

I believe gardening teaches you to be patient and the rewards are worth waiting for.  (An excellent approach to life in general I believe.)

29/08/2014 at 09:17

Lol Lyn, misunderstood.....thought you meant one of you! 

29/08/2014 at 09:28
Lyn, im happy to split the cosmos with BM if you dont have any more
Lyn
29/08/2014 at 11:06

Its ok Bekkie, theres a never ending supply of seeds here! you know how it is.

Lovely post there Arty,

Your garden sounds lovely, perhaps some photo's later?

My wallflowers had been in a couple of years and gone a bit leggy so I did cuttings, they are ready to go out now, I have acid soil, which they dont like so I make a can of limey water for them.

I cant grow Lavender here, its too damp and windy, cold as well but I do love it, I buy the odd pot in Morrisons just for the season, the bees love it.

The whole gardening thing is very therapeutic, as you say, teaches patience  care and love.

I have sent you a PM about the plants.Thanks you.

Lyn
29/08/2014 at 12:43

Big Big thank you to Garden Girl for the Hebes, they are beautiful xx

Thank you so much to Victoria and Star Gaze Lily for all the seeds you have sent to me. I am well set up for next year now. Lovely! I am so pleased.

If I have forgotten anyone along the line, please chase me up!

29/08/2014 at 13:02

Glad you got them Lyn

29/08/2014 at 13:31
SGL, thank you so much for the seeds and the beautiful card, really was a lovely supprise!
Lyn
29/08/2014 at 15:45

No probs Bekkie, some more gone off in post today.

They are really beautiful GG thank you.

29/08/2014 at 16:12

Glad you got them Lyn and bekkie......postie was quick. 

29/08/2014 at 16:13

Lyn see you've changed again