London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
6 messages
28/07/2012 at 14:43

Does anyone know why this strange occurance exists? My neighbour also has the same trails going up her house too. It dosnt cause any problems - i just wondered what can they be up to?

28/07/2012 at 14:49

They're simply looking for food, and somewhere damp to hide. If you think about it, they climb up fences, too, which are not that different.

28/07/2012 at 14:54

They are coming to get you in the night for revenge for those who gave up their lives so we could eat -do not sleep with the windows open -be afraid,be very afraid....

28/07/2012 at 17:19

Alina W - thank you it all makes sense now.

Sotongeoff i thought as much. From now on - I must remember to sleep with my mouth closed

29/07/2012 at 21:49

They are also testing the new climbing gear they have evolved - my son rented a house which had a heavy covering of mile-a-minute- plant right up to the roof, when we cut it down, the whole wall was covered with slugs and snails!! Ugggg ............... They do walk up our brick columns to get into the hanging baskets, and the water butt to throw themselves into the hostas (there are copper collars on their pots which they don't like - maybe I need to put a collar on the water butt too!)

29/07/2012 at 22:17

Slugs are very good at absailing, could be using the walll to get up high, to survey the garden, before targeting particularly tasty plants and absailing down. 

email image
6 messages