London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
7 messages
02/07/2013 at 13:51

I have a oleander in a pot and some of the leaves are curling and brown marks on the leaves. Any ideas.

02/07/2013 at 16:27

Is it outside John?  Maybe it's too cold or leaves have been scorched by combination of wet/cold/strong sunlight? Has it been in its pot for a long time?  Does it need feeding?  Sorry loads of questions and no real answer....

02/07/2013 at 16:52

Thanks for reply, will sort through the questions and hopefully  come up with a solution.

02/07/2013 at 18:51

I would think that Paula has got it right. Oleanders are magnificent shrubs in Italy and other southern European countries, some varieties with the most wonderful heady scent. If you think about the temperature in spring summer and autumn in Italy (65 to 80 F) you will realise why the leaves are curling and not looking too happy.

If you can take the plant into a GH or  conservatory or other light room in your home, it will soon recoved with the warmth and a feed of Tomato (high Potassium/Potash) fertiliser.

02/07/2013 at 19:30

I agree with PaulaH, I have one in a pot also, the combination of wet cold wind in spring almost killed it.  I've cut off the dry/curled/brown leaves and fed tomatoe feed -it's now showing new growth but I don't think our climate is warm enough for it to thrive outdoors.

02/07/2013 at 20:28

Thanks for all your replies, it's now in conservatory  and receiving some TLC, anda nice feed of tomato feed.

04/07/2013 at 11:10

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, but was interested to hear that you all have oleanders. Has anyone tried to grow a cutting before and how successful were you? My mum has given me a cutting which I have planted in pot and put on a warm windowsill. I have cut off the flower stem to help divert its energy towards making roots, but is there anything else I could for success?

email image
7 messages