London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 11°C
4 messages
09/02/2012 at 20:42
I don't know who prepares these articles but if the corms are 6" deep in the picture then they are truly massive corms and the hand is several feet long. Also they are still promoting the false idea that adding coarse material at the bottom of a pot improves drainage, when in fact it impedes drainage. Have they never heard of a perched water table? The best explanation of this I have seen is in this article by Paul Cumbleton at RHS Wisley http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/pbs/2007-February/016272.html
12/04/2012 at 10:04
I once grew mini gladiolus but haven't come across any more so have had to plant the normall ones only trouble is when they grow they flower and tend to flop over the bulbs are deep enough down please help
28/08/2014 at 11:57
What should I do with them once they have finished flowering & have flopped over.
28/08/2014 at 13:37
When they are completely dry dig them up and store for next year. In some well-favoured places you can leave them in the soil. It is up to you whether you keep the little bulbils which eventually become flowering size, but be a nuisance in the intervening years.
email image
4 messages