London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
1,301 to 1,315 of 1,315 messages
31/03/2013 at 16:14

hahahaha you block all you like. I really don't care.

31/03/2013 at 16:15

I tried to upload a photo of the first part of our garden to show what I have done. All made possible with insperation I achieved from Alan Tichmarsh. We have lots more to do.

31/03/2013 at 16:21

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20790.jpg?width=384&height=350&mode=max

Managed it. This is some time back just after I built Summer house. A lot of earth was moved.

Do I rank as a Gardener yet?  or a figure of fun.

31/03/2013 at 16:26

Well, I think it's great.  Puts my effort to shame, but I enjoy it and that's the main thing isn't it.  Just ignore all the silly snippers.  Not worth bothering about.

31/03/2013 at 16:27
Golf whiskey
I like it. I like it a lot!
Pretty impressive.
Yep you certainly rank as a gardener of class
31/03/2013 at 17:16

Looks great, golf whiskey. Verdun, I have to agree with your last couple of posts.

31/03/2013 at 17:16

Thanks both.     My wife dose the plants. I do the hard landscaping. Takes time though and of course cash. Trying to do things on a budget is the worst part.  We scourer the B&Q garden dept for plants at bargain prices. Some are near death but persistence brings them round. Plus we have a local Aldi and they are always having budget plants in. It is the only way we can do it. O seeds of course. We have discovered Chiltern seeds this year. They are very reasonable on prices.

31/03/2013 at 17:23

Yes, Chiltern seeds have a wonderful selection, don't they?

31/03/2013 at 17:25

We like their catalogue. Very humerus and well presented

31/03/2013 at 17:27

Really? I must get it. I love plant catalogues but am sometimes bored by seed catalogues.

31/03/2013 at 17:29

Like the way you're using the different levels GW - my back garden is all one level and virtually square - I'm having to think hard how to build some structure into it.

31/03/2013 at 17:57

The different levels are because our garden slopes up quite a lot. Believe me it is hard work  carving out the levels. I long for a level garden.  Strange how  we all want different to what we have.

We did se a garden earlier this year that wsrealy small and flat. It was out of this world how they had done it.They had made raised strucures and planted them out with Ferns and the like all very what you might say overcrowded but the effect was stunning. We have some DVD's of I think it is Matt James. The City Gardener. All his gardens are small but all are a real treat to the eye. worth a look

01/04/2013 at 09:10

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20795.jpg?width=384&height=350&mode=max

This is the small garden I was talking about. Although the gardenis small and flat they have built structures to change the levels and masses of Evergreen plants. The more clever among you may know the names. This was in the middle of a town and we were so taken with it we took this photo. January this year. Just shows that you do not need a big garden plus it must look good all year round and little maintenance.  Now that is what I call inspiring gardening

01/04/2013 at 09:26
Morning golf whisky
I can see where your inspiration comes from.....looking at that photo.
A garden has to look good in winter too....in all seasons,in fact and evergreen foliage provides substance, seclusion, structure and shape.
Look forward to seeing how your garden develops golf whisky.
01/04/2013 at 10:08

Good morning to you.

Very slowly at the minute. To cold to venture out a I am ashamed to say.  Here in Derby this morning there is cloud and a biting cold wind.  It will take us a while as we have a limited budget to work on hence trawling round B&Q etc for bargains. Our local Morrison shop has a small garden section with very cheap plants. All helps.

email image
1,301 to 1,315 of 1,315 messages