London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
101 to 120 of 191 messages
30/04/2014 at 16:44

Agree with Crocus.. Slightly expensive even with the discounts and vouchers you can find readily, but plants always healthy and packaging is very good.. Like the fact they text you to tell you when its arriving as well..

They are incapable it seems of packing clematis without snapping 90% of the growing stems - due to way  over tight paper wire ties but they always replace and refund without hesitation.

30/04/2014 at 19:44

Crocus fan here too

01/05/2014 at 18:32

have to say the cheque has arrived to cover the holly hocks 6.99p as they don't have anymore in stock so a happy ending

01/05/2014 at 18:36

another good guy is tomato-plants-direct I had a bit of a bad time with my seed 2 years back so gave them a try and was pretty good all round service

02/05/2014 at 12:07

I am having problems with Mr Fothergills who have sent me supposedly 20 large plugs of a trailing begonia. When I came to pot them on 3 of them were so small they just disappeared leaving me with 17. Two of these broke off from the root ( I have repotted them in the hope that they will reroot).

Basically the root system is non existent - I didn't see any roots in the soil so they hadn't reached the edge of the plugs and this is not what I expect of large plugs.

I sent them photos and have emailed them twice and all they do is give me an acknowledgement email with a new case number, then nothing.

Jersey plants on the other hand have just sent me 20 Antirrhinums with strong roots showing and whilst some of the plants were bent and had to be snipped due to bad packing, I have been able to replant those as cuttings and they will take I'm sure. So I am actually quite happy with Jersey Plants but fuming with Mr Fothergills.

I feel a phone call coming up.

02/05/2014 at 13:00

I have just phoned Fothergills and they have promised a refund - we will see.....

02/05/2014 at 13:30

Bit of advice please regarding a plant from JParkers......

I ordered an Azalea from JParkers back in January and it turned up perfect, it's been planted and well cared for and 3 months later looks the exact same as it did when it turned up, no growth at all. Quick e-mail to JParkers to say that I was happy with the original service but as pictured below it is showing no signs of growth at all and I was under the impression Azaleas are suppose to flower in Spring? What could they suggest or recommend. Anyway, got the below response back..

Thank you for your email the Azalia looks ok it will flower later this year as it needs to establishes it self first, Regards xxxxx

This just doesn't sound right to me? And the Azalea is still showing no signs of growth or shoots at all. Can anyone recommend what they would do please? maybe i'm wrong regarding when the Azalea should flower or show growth/shoots? This cost £17.99 so wasn't any cheap rubbish, or at least it shouldn't be!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/44477.jpg?width=640&height=350&mode=max

02/05/2014 at 14:16

The azalea certainly hasn't died Chris and there is a test you can do to check this. Use your finger nail to rub a bit of the bark off the plant. If it's showing green under the bark it is still OK, if it's showing brown it's not!

The leafs look green on yours tho' so I'd just give it some feed and be patient.

02/05/2014 at 14:28

Chris, I cannot believe you paid £17.99 for that. That is daylight robbery in my opinion. I really don't think that will make it sorry to say. My village store is selling some stunning azalea's for £8 each.

I am losing faith in T&M as well. Having taken advantage of some of their postage only freebies in GW, some of them have rotted off despite being in a cold frame, and others even with much tlc have failed to thrive.

I am sorry to say I have lost confidence in the GW offers from T&M, who seem just as unconcerned with the quality they are providing, even when they are getting rid of stock.

02/05/2014 at 17:11

chris 65 what have you got it planted in azalea like acid so plenty of peat is required also if you scape with your thumb about 12 inchs or so above the ground level it should be green if its brown then its a goner plenty of water if its showing green

02/05/2014 at 23:19

Having just ordered a couple of plants this week, so  I can thoroughly recommend:

www.plantsforshade.co.UK. The plants arrived well packaged and nice looking plants.

www.paddockplants.co.UK. Fantastic customer service, very reasonably priced (£4.50 for a Viburnum bodnantense Dawn), and very healthy plants. They supply shrubs, climbers, herbaceous perennials and grasses.

Www.heucheraholics.co.UK.  lovely plants, great advice and very reasonably priced. I got a couple of Heucheras and Tiarellas.

02/05/2014 at 23:35

Allium, yep.  Paddock Plants are superb.  People....try them.  Excellent prices and service.

Heucherholics another good supplier

02/05/2014 at 23:35

£17.99 isn't too bad for what is a Standard Azalea...they are often much more than that...I note the leaves are just developing and it seems to be coming along o.k. perhaps after a slow start.... too late to flower this year I should think...but it should develop flowering buds later on for next Spring....

...as long as it's in Ericaceous compost, then don't worry about it...

03/05/2014 at 09:42

Parkers have just replaced a wintersuckle I bought from them in January which failed to come into leaf.  No quibbles, and replacement looks very healthy - so thought I should put in a good word for them

03/05/2014 at 19:09

Absolutely Verdun - I went on your recommendation and was very pleased with the plant choice and fantastic quality. 

03/05/2014 at 19:28

I purchased some everbearing Strawberries from Parkers last year...........I was about 5 plants short ...wouldn't normally have bothered me that much other than that I had promised several plants to friends.

Phoned them up and was dealt with very professionally.....a new pack of 25 plants was dispatched within days and without any argument whatsoever.

I know some people have had crap service from them but I have to say I was impressed with their service on that occasion. 

I should also say that I got a "freebie" with my original order...a dwarf Azalea....which flowered well last year and is currently flowering now 

So, like Chicky, credit where it is due.

03/05/2014 at 20:02

two trees Parkers sent me have died a cherry and greengage after all the messing around I had with the hollyhocks it looks like lesson learnt for them and have agreed to send me two more trees ....again I wait to see what happens .. tbc

Bal
04/05/2014 at 06:57

Have had a load more plants from Van Muewan" Lilly bulbs, 72 petunia plug plants, 20 bare root Lilly of the valley. So far every plant has taken well. They are great with advice too.

20/05/2014 at 06:24

Just bumping this up for Sarah 

I'll add a couple to this by the end of the week - I hope! Orders from two different nurseries are on their way to me 

20/05/2014 at 08:20

has anyone been part of the Marshalls tomato fiasco they were arriving dead due to using royal snail mail im still waiting for my refund

101 to 120 of 191 messages