Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

tropical garden scheme

Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

http://www.cooltropicalplants.com/index.html

This is in no way an advert, I don't think he even sells anything, but it's packed with lots of info regarding selection, growing and winter storage delivered in a very easily read, and witty  manner.

Devon.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

the following passage on winter clearance made me laugh out loud

• This of course all needs to be cut down, chopped up and added to the compost bin.  The stems are cut down using secateurs.  These stems are then chopped into small sections using a machete
    • This is done over a large container to avoid having to pick too much up.
    • Because of the age we live in I feel compelled to state the obvious fact that a machete can cause serious personal injury, particularly if used when drunk.
    Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

any mention of Balham reminds me of Margo Leadbetter " oh they speak French in Balham but not Latin"

Devon.
  • DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

A lovely site, not one I can follow due to size and position of garden but a good read throughout and a great attitude to life and gardening in general

• I have seen that site a few times. It has been off my bookmarks so it has been good to re-visit the site and have bookmarked on my new laptop.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Was it Tony Hancock that said about Bal Ham gateway to the South.?

Thanks for the link Hosta.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Ah yes! Peter Sellers.! I remember now.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.