London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
29/08/2012 at 10:31
jean riley wrote (see)

Haha Frank ! I have to say you look very fetching. 

That is me Jean, fetch this fetch that always fetching, I thought those days were over but my daughters believe in keeping me up to speed as Joan would have done. I am beginning to believe women rule this world.

Frank.

29/08/2012 at 10:41

Tea or coffee anyone?

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11274.jpg?width=350

29/08/2012 at 10:57

Flo, coming from a totally male dominated household, I need that mug!

29/08/2012 at 11:24

Well my plans went a little skewed, I popped out to do the recycling and I noticed some verbascum needed potting on, and I spotted a few beans needed picking and a verbena needed watering, I have black clouds but the rain is not here yet, so maybe I can do the housework tomorrow.

I have 3 Himalayan honeysuckles all presents from the birds, I wonder if they would fight the Russian vine?

Frank the image of you and Carol behind the chrysanths is making me laugh.

Its odd having grown up in a female dominated family I always believed that women made all the decisions on the work that the men needed to do.

29/08/2012 at 11:44
kate1123 wrote (see)

Frank the image of you and Carol behind the chrysanths is making me laugh.

I

Must admit, I did not know where to put my hands, I am slightly allergic to Chrysanthemums and with her being able to talk for England was not sure where to stick my lips.
Lovely woman, and knows her stuff.
Belting down here so hanging around instead of doing what I should be doing.

Frank.

29/08/2012 at 11:46
Am thinking of venturing out to the gh to sow some lettuce seeds. But it's so dark will probably need a torch.
29/08/2012 at 14:16

The rain has now arrived, my neighbour's builders are making a tarpaulin cover, I find watching builders strangely therapeutic, although next door's are starting to amuse me. I have a feeling that they are not proper builders, using an pick axe wearing trainers is always a sign that someone has not been doing it for long.

figrat what lettuce seeds are you sowing?

29/08/2012 at 15:11

Rain arrived here as well so I went to the GC for lunch, but no time to browse.

Kate, those builders don't sound too good. Keep us informed on progress - or lack of it when they go off to hospital with missing toes!

29/08/2012 at 15:19
@Kate - marvel of the 4 seasons. Reckon they should be able to cope with this weather! Sowed some oriental spicy greens, salad mix and random salad/ herb mixture in 4 wineboxes a week or so back - all coming up a treat. Suppose the slugs haven't found 'em yet!
29/08/2012 at 15:35

@figrat I will keep my eye out for them, thanks

@lottie but did you have time for cake? This building is very close to my fence and if this is their professional  expertise I am a little concerned. I am not good with missing toes

29/08/2012 at 17:37

Rain has finally stopped. I've been in local charity shop all pm. Serving customers, not shopping. Someone couldn't make it and I said I'd go in. I think it's a good excuse for not cooking tonight and having a takeaway ;- )

29/08/2012 at 18:00

Met my friend and had time for coffee and cake - very pleasant.

Rain has also stopped here. I'm stopping off at the supermarket on the way home for something for dessert as OH has cooked for tonight - something veggie, a spicy ratatouille type thing, with new potatoes.

29/08/2012 at 18:09

Lottie, that sounds lovely. I've decided to whip up a quick pasta dish with salmon and French beans. And go out for a meal tomorrow night :- )

29/08/2012 at 18:34
Thawing out home made cottage pie and looking forward to first decent picking of runners to go with same.
29/08/2012 at 18:38

We had Salmon,jacket potatoes and salad and I have just eaten a Mars bar

Pam LL x

29/08/2012 at 18:39
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

Flo, coming from a totally male dominated household, I need that mug!

I need one of those,too

Pam LL x

29/08/2012 at 18:58

I'm off to Aberystwyth for the day, tomorrow....wish me luck. The all important weather forecast seems to be promising.

One thing on the agenda: http://www.rheidolrailway.co.uk/  Remember to watch the video.

29/08/2012 at 19:47

Evening all!

David, have a lovely day, rain or shine!

Dinner was BBQ Chicken drumsticks and noodles (and chips for madam).

Pam, why are you blushing for eating a mars bar?? They're yummy. I'd have had 2!

29/08/2012 at 19:56

Oh, I wondered what the face with the $ was!

29/08/2012 at 19:58

$ Flo??