London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 10°C
28/07/2013 at 20:20

Chicky lovely pics. Love that cart and watering can.

It is so nice getting to see everyones gardens

28/07/2013 at 20:25

Great chicky. What's that really blue plant in pic 2?

28/07/2013 at 20:33

Thanks all.

Bev - both cart and watering can were discovered in the undergrowth at the bottom of the garden when we moved in - so they have "history"!

Nut - on the left is a salvia transylvania, and towards the back is a clematis perle d'azure climbing up an obelisk.  Camera seems to make them slightly bluer than they are in real life.

28/07/2013 at 20:41

It all looks lovely, I'm impressed

28/07/2013 at 22:24

very nice chicky, wild looking but tamed. Lovely  plenty of buzzing no doubt.

28/07/2013 at 23:00

Chicky, that's so pretty. I've never heard of Isotoma, wonder if they sell it in France. There are deer here.

29/07/2013 at 06:42

Hi Lizzie - isotoma changed its name recently, it used to be called Laurentia blue star.  It is a tender annual, so needs replacing every year - but flowers away til the frosts with no deadheading.  I have always bought mine as bedding plants, but I think you can buy seeds, which might be your best bet in France.

29/07/2013 at 07:43

Lovely pix again.

Deano -nice tree fern! KEF what a shame you lost yours. Not something I'd try here either but they look great.

Zombie the Fatsia flowers are clusters of small creamy white ones. Not very special but nice when they happen. Re the positioning of them nut, I should have said that although they like some shade and moister soil it should still be well drained. Mine probably got a good bit of feed because there was a clematis next to it too. Maybe that's why it always flowered! I had another one which wasn't quite as good but it also probably had a bit too much sun where it was. 

Don't think I'd have room for the Mariesii Verd - perhaps in another part of the garden as I agree it's a very nice shrub. Depends whether I stay here - don't want someone else to get the benefit 

29/07/2013 at 09:04

Chicky.....why do these plants change their names so often?  Pretty clever these plants arent they?  But, we humans can't keep up!

29/07/2013 at 10:23

So are you saying the potty gardener is really a plant plant as she can change her name? Well then yes I have to say plants are very clever...

29/07/2013 at 19:14

Gets me very confused - even dicentra seems to be called something else now.

And don't get me going on snickers bars and Jif bathroom cleaner ......

29/07/2013 at 20:15

It's really nice of you to call me clever Verdun but I'm not sure I like being called a plant.

29/07/2013 at 21:10

ping

29/07/2013 at 21:40

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/28390.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

Newly planted and reorganised, hopefully late flowering bed. Unfortunately I didn't get enough plants to fill the bed so will have to wait for them to do it for me! (I thought I could split them up).

the idea was tall pink Veronica (will also get a blue one of same height) at the back,mid height dark pink penstemon (garnet) and blue campanula, low blue salvias with 'pinks' between. There's also an existing purple spikes thing which isn't quite flowering yet. I forgot about the orange montbretia, but if I add another (late flowering and lower growing) orange towards the front it might be ok.

29/07/2013 at 21:52

Wow - did you do all that thi afternoon? Looks like its been there years already.  Really pretty

29/07/2013 at 22:07

Thanks chicky, not quite up to your skill but trying. I did all from the 2 sets of bricks ( you can just see) this evening. Used some existing plants but all but alliums were moved.

Any further suggestions for late flowering welcome ( won't really see in winter so no prob if all sleep through). Just want a bed for bbqs and school hols.

29/07/2013 at 22:18

impressive MrsGarden.  

29/07/2013 at 23:39

Mrs G, how about a geum totally tangerine there to finish that lovely plantIng of yours?     Or, if it's sunny there an orange gazania?

29/07/2013 at 23:41

Mrs G, how about a geum totally tangerine there to finish that lovely plantIng of yours?     Or, if it's sunny there an orange gazania?

Late summer!  Rudbekia Goldsturn and frikartii monch.

30/07/2013 at 10:08

MrsG that is really lovely