Start a new thread

761 to 778 of 778 replies

pansyface

MORNINGALL,

MR MUSCLE JOINED THE BBC WEATHERWATCHERS AND SENDS IN THE SORT OF PHOTOS THEY SHOW ON THE BBC WEATHER FORECASTS. HE ALSO REPORTS HIS WEATHER OBSERVATIONS EVERY DAY. TODAY HE ASKED ME IF I THOUGHT IT WAS DRIZZLING OR LIGHT RAINING. HE STILL HASN'T GOT TO GRIPS WITH WHAT DRIZZLE IS.

I SAID HE SHOULD FILL IN THE BOX THAT SAYS "JUST BLOODY MISERABLE" BUT HE SAID THAT THERE ISN'T ONE. I THINK THAT A WEATHER CATEGORY "JUST BLOODY MISERABLE" WOULD BE ESSENTIAL FOR A BRITISH WEATHER REPORT.

plant pauper

Morning all.

My dad was one of these " come on let's go" types. He said "if you wait till it stops raining you'll never do anything".

He also said " if you wait till you have enough money......"

"if you wait till you feel like it......"

He got a lot done my dad!

Joyce21

Pansy, I agree with "just bloody miserable"

Lants, its the plant stands with wheels. It makes it easier to move the pots and prevents stains from pots on the patio.

It's not actually pouring. . .. . . 

Morning LB Joyce PP PFLants FE and everyone. Slept in again. Still raining here .Should rain during night and be sunny during day . That would be great. Did cleaning yesterday , don't fancy doing any today. Going for a cuppa , speak laterβ˜•οΈ

Hi LB just seen your cosy corner and thinking where I can put your chair and cushion . I hope you had a rest yesterday Joyce if you can x.  Hi to everyone.

Advertisement

Joyce21

Grass man has just been in for a coffee and said "I don't melt in the rain" and will get the plants into the ground

At least they wont to be watered in.

Great attitude by grassman, Joyce, not much choice in this climate. He'd have got on well with pp's Dad by the sound of it.

Meant to say before, welcome to Ruby and Rebecca but, like LB, I got sidetracked by Casper and Rufus.

By the way, if there's room I'd like to lurk in a corner of MU's alcove as well. I say 'lurk' because I'd hate to get in the way of MU and Liz if they're both in there too.

Kitty 2

Morning all .  Sorry I've not been around much recently, been busy with the girls, and lacking a bit of oomph.  

Hope you are all well (haven't read back ).  I'll try and catch up between mothering duties .  Kettles on β˜•, time to see what you've all been dolloping about .

plant pauper

Hi Kitty, where ya been? I was just checking up on you yesterday to see when you'd last posted. Slacker!

It's good to see you back.  You haven't missed a thing!!!! 

What a bloody miserable day! 

Totally in agreement, Pansy, LB, Joyce......there SHOULD be a 'Bloody Miserable' categorisation AND icon, for the weathercharts.  At least something to give people a laugh while they're getting peed on.

Morning Debs, Ruby, Rebecca, PP, F'edge, Joyce, LB, Lants, Pansy, everybody!  Was up late last night, now I'm up late this morning!

Before I forget.......Hazel mentioned yesterday that we're approaching the 1000th post ( AGAIN! )....so watch out for Resurrected Seventeen bobbing up sometime today!  Ruby and Rebecca might not know, as relative ( no pun intended there btw ) newcomers that we start a new Resurrected thread when we reach a 1000 posts....the GW support team prefer threads not to totter too much over that number, though they're very good about it when they do.  So watch out for Rez Seventeen, coming to a screen near you, soon!   I'll post it later.

Joyce, your grass man sounds like a proper stalwart....what a treasure!  That basement of yours must be such a great space for him to do gardening related stuff, despite the Bloody Miserable Weather.

Hope Runners is ok....and is it SGLily's nanna day?  She'll not be on the swings in this weather.....

Trevor.....πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“......please.......slow down.....we need a bit of rain up here, but...

Right....on with the day....won't be gardening, that's for sure!  Hope you all manage to get something productive done, inside or out!

Watch out for Rez 17! 

Kitty!  You snuck in up there!  Hello.......nice to see you, as ever....

Last edited: 29 June 2017 11:29:15

1Runnybeak1

Morning dollopers, 

Raining !!   No more to be said.   

Welcome Rebecca, are you Ruby's daughter ?    

It seems like you are all ok so far today,   Keep it up !   

Busy all day yesterday, hosp appointment for Oh and shopping at the 'big shops'.    Tk Max etc    Bowls I need like a hole in the head, a couple kitchen implements of which I have dozens and tea towels etc etc.   All needy stuff .  Can't flippin resist once I'm in there.  Made a slight detour home to visit an old fashioned Iron Mongers coz I wanted some meat hooks.  Yes, meat hooks, for hanging stuff in my sheds.   After a leisurely stroll round the shop, a 'Mr Arkwright' popped out with a 'yes love, what can I do for you ?  Not expecting him to have such a thing as a meat hook he promptly said 'we certainly do, what size do you want ?  What size.....You can't beat an old fashioned IM's can you. 

Anyways , busy again today, so I'll see you later.   

Don't know what's happened ......oooh it righted itself.   Take no notice, I'm harmless.    Daft, but harmless.  

Had quick wander down the garden , got soaked by overhanging branches . Didnt hang around there might be some of LBs moles in undergrowth.πŸ‘€

1Runnybeak1

Ah ha !  Not the velvet coated gentleman you think he is.    I detest moles, the furry kind anyway.   LB....luv youuu !!  

Must go again.....why is this site so addictive !!!!!  Gggrrrr !!  

Last edited: 29 June 2017 12:14:54

Kitty 2

Had a quick peek back (from pg47).   cats, camouflage, cats, curling up on chairs in cosy corners and cats ......... thought I'd wandered into the alphabet thread for a minute  

SLACKER PP ?  Indeed I am .......How else am I going to earn my "GOS" bronze award? 

Fantastic find of Arkwright's emporium Runny πŸ‘ I love shops like that.  Were you tempted to ask for four candles? 

Gawd "the break up" LB, don't ask . It's like living in a soap opera at the moment.

We've got the bloody miserable rain here too MU & Pansy β˜”  At least I'm in good company 😊

Lants, you're brave to consider sneaking into the cosy corner for a lurk 😱 be careful or "the sarge" will be after you 

Hello and welcome to Ruby and Rebecca πŸ™‹ I see you have cats🐈....you will fit in here well 🐱

Aye up Runners!  

Agree with you about a good old fashioned ironmonger.....brilliant....they've got everything 'in the back'....mine's ace....went in last year and said:

'Les, have you got a little sort of brush thing to clean windows outside...goes on the end of a 10' pole....' ( I'm nothing if not succinct, note )

Off he potters, through the back.....and yep, there it was.....in it's cardboard box....he'd got dozens of 'em.  Sorted.

I quite like moles, destructive little  worm gobbling blighters.....lovely velvetty coats.

Right, girlies....getting very very close to 1000 posts so here comes Resurrected Seventeen.....go seek!

Advertisement

Thanks kitty. Iam enjoying the banter.

Is that you peering through my keyholeLB. I will have to drop the cover?

Joyce21

Hi Kitty, good to see you. Hope daughter will soon be her old self again.

For the first time in yonks there is only one plant waiting for a home. It's a two foot high tree magnolia that my friend grew from seed off her plant.  Problem is that I have absolutely no suitable place for it.

Grass man has just left.....luckily it didn't pour and he had suitable clothes for working in the rain.

I had told hosp that I wouldn't be up at lunchtime today. I'll go up late afternoon for a few hours and will give OH his evening meal.

Runners, we have a super ironmongers that seems to sell everything bar the kitchen sink.