Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 81 replies

B3

I've just read that you must wash your hands and all surfaces if they come into contact with raw flour

Apparently some animal might have **** on  the wheat and you will get e-coli.

What about salad veg? Why weren't we told? 

I had a bit of cucumber last night. How long before symptoms appear?

Last edited: 06 December 2017 18:27:45

Hostafan1

I got home from holiday this morning and found I'd left milk in the fridge. " best before Nov 26th" I've had it in my tea all day and I'm still alive. 

B3 says:

I've just read that you must wash your hands and all surfaces if they come into contact with raw flour

What about salad veg? Why weren't we told? 

See original post

Calm down!   This sounds like extreme paranoia....raw flour = ecoli.....get a grip!

Surely this is a wind up.

B3

Redwing, What if I get a grip on something that has touched raw flour?

Advertisement

Lyn

Must we make pastry with rubber gloves on. 😱😀

Been talking about this on 'Hello Forkers'. 

Licking raw cake mixture is surely one of life's little pleasures! 

If you go and swab door handles, supermarket trolley handles and even coins - there will be all manner of germs! Unless we walk about like something out of a forensic science lab and applying alcohol gel every minute - there will be germs. 

(Ok - I do take anti-bac wipes on holiday and have alcohol gel in my car and handbag - but I'm weird!) 

Kitty 2
B3 says:

See original pos

I fear you may already be too far gone B3 😱. 

My best suggestion to alleviate the symptoms of fear and disorientation would be to take three large tablespoons of Snake Oil and rub a good dollop of Vicks vapo into your feet.

Nice idea Kitty 2 ; think I'd just take half a bottle of vodka instead !

Kitty 2

I have a sneaky suspicion that good old fashioned Snake Oil was about 80% proof Paul 

No wonder it was so popular back in the day .

Wow!!!!!!........can you get me some ?????

B3 says:

See original post

OMG you mean there are creatures out there that **** ? Does that include birds? There are birds all over my garden and - gulp - I just had salad from my garden with my dinner 

I do feel a bit 'off', now you come to mention it....... **types frantically** .....Google says my symptoms are probably a terminal illness.

Farewell friends, it's been fun. If only I had been warned 

(from 'Advice to Children' by Roy Fuller):

Caterpillars living on lettuce Are the colour of their host

Look out when you're eating salad For the greens that move the most

You're more likely to catch something off the people handling your produce , rather than animal or bird droppings !

Panic stations call A&E tell them I am coming as many moons ago when i was a lad I half inched Carrots, out door tomato's, fruit and even peas eating the case with a wipe of my hand. Mind saying that it is taking a long time.

The USA have been genetically changing wheat and other grains could that be relevant?

Frank.

Joyce21

Fake news.......Trump has yet to Twitter the warning.......

Advertisement

Berghill

On a slightly serious note, we were advised by the Gov't scientist chap not to eat any raw veg or fruit out of our garden because the local Chicken torturers put their used material on the field next to our garden. He found E-coli, Listereira and Salmonella germs in the manure pile.

We is still alive.....just.

Last edited: 06 December 2017 21:05:35

Joyce21

That is seriously nasty Berghill. Are there no controls over the disposal of the waste?

fidgetbones

I always wash veg from the garden in salted water.  That's better than one request I had.

"A bottle of hydrochloric acid please.  "

What are you using it for?

"I've been told to wash the cabbage in it."

Erm... No.

Liriodendron

I suppose the salt in the water will ensure all the creepy crawlies are... no longer creeping and crawling, Fidget.  

Obelixx

Yes.  I do it with brassicas cos they can lurk and hide in all the folds and nooks and crannies.   Next season I shall be netting them.