Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Courgettes - anyone put theirs out yet?

I've been hardening mine off for a week or so, but they're busting out of the pots!  Let me know whether you've risked ityyet and oo course, whereabouts you are in thte UK/other!

Thanks!

• LeifUKLeifUK Posts: 573

I am in East Hampshire and put mine out a week ago, they are fine. My neighbour has put his out too.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Not up here in the East Mids. All tucked up in the poytunnel.

• I'm too chicken? So far I have only moved them to the greenhouse and outside during the day. I'm in York so maybe another week or so. 

• Green MagpieGreen Magpie Posts: 806

I'm in Devon and have been putting my courgettes and cues  out, one at a time,  over the last week. They seem to have survived overnight temps of 8 or 9  and all look OK except one cucumber,which is now under a cloche tonight. The main problem is slugs, so have some.pellets ready.

• Julie LanteriJulie Lanteri Posts: 133

Courgettes and beans planted out last week, Essex/Suffolk border. All ok so far, although it was colder today.

• Courgettes, gourds, peas and beans all planted outside ( in Wickes buckets ) two weeks ago. They seem to be doing well. Planted the last ones ( the slow starters ) out in the ground last weekend - they are not dead yet which to me is a result 

• Oh sorry - I am in Pudsey near Leeds 

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,713

Planted our courgettes out a couple of weeks ago - no problems with the temperature but we bank them up slightly to prevent wind rock - squash planted out last weekend.

• Rob LockwoodRob Lockwood Posts: 380

Thanks all - firstly, apologies for the spelling in the post, which I must've wriiten blind drunk, secondly I should have said  I'm in Nottingham, so like fidgetbones, I'll err on the side of caution and hold on for a bit.  I'll pot them up though as one has already thrown out 7 baby courgettes!

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Aye up Rob

im in Notts too and I put mine into a raised bed over three weeks ago. They are growing great guns and look very healthy.

go for it me duck!