London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
41 to 51 of 51 messages
30/12/2012 at 19:08

Tracy -you will find this is a happy place where ramblimg is permitted or even encouraged

99.99 % of posters are very helpful-there is always the odd troll-there is one lurking at present-just ignore and carry-on

30/12/2012 at 19:54
Ok thank you panto dame
30/12/2012 at 22:38

Tracysshed, panto dame is very helpful and knows lots about gardening and computers, but he used to be called Geoff! Now I'm dying to know who the troll is who is lurking at present.

30/12/2012 at 22:56

Trolls, hmmm. Not keen on them. I had a lovely email explaining about the present one yesterday from a very nice fellow gardener on here. Think they should maybe retire to their bridge again lol. Tracysshed, I have found some great tips on here and have to confess...I'm on a fair bit now sniffing some new projects out or just reading the lovely thinks people have put. Its a great

30/12/2012 at 22:56

Liz . Will send you a message in the morning when back on PCl

31/12/2012 at 16:14

Tricia Sneddon, I have finally had time to go to my studio and look at this poster on companion planting, it includes antagonists. There are about 70 plants listed. If you or anyone else is interested, I could type the thing up and send it as some sort of file or attachment (might need some techy advice for that). The original poster is starting to fade badly, so it needs typing anyway.

05/02/2013 at 14:28

Thanks Artjac that would be great x tricia

06/02/2013 at 15:18

hello, coming from work and read not all posts-quick answer from my small experiences:

stinging nettle together with fruit trees and bushs against aphids

basil (Basilicum) together with cucumber, cabbage and tomatoes against mildew and white fly

southern wormwood (artemisia abrotanum), rosmary together with cabbage and carot against cabbage butterfly

lavender together with roses against ants

tagetes together with tomatoes, cabbage, botatoes and strawberries against nematodes

horse radish together with cherry and peach against leaf curl. Greetings, ThaiGer

06/02/2013 at 15:31

That is interesting ThaiGer, but I don't think I want stinging nettles with fruit trees, most uncomfortable when you pick the fruit! Do you have stinging nettles in Thailand? They give you a nasty rash.

06/02/2013 at 19:00

jajajaja, I think about my time in old Germany...But grandpa cut them every time before we goes to pik up the fruits. He teach me for all and I no remember that the nettles bite me...And in Thailand we have more and another pests, I don't know , how much...The biggest problem here are the very hungry butterfly species, no herbs help. Greetings, ThaiGer.

06/02/2013 at 19:11

Here you can find some experiences about organic pest control. Very good ideas too, and new for me (and interesting). ThaiGer.

email image
41 to 51 of 51 messages