Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Harvested this today.

I harvested my giant pumpkins today ready for the show, this Saturday. I though I would share the footage,

Click this link to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1f2jZK8OYw&list=UUhQVGE1UiPEnDFSqiGNjyeg

If you would like to see how I get on at the show, feel free to subscribe!

Thanks for watching.

I hope I have a winner!

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Well done, that's a lovely pumpkin, hope you do well at the show.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

You have a whopper there 

rusty, just right for halloween. Hope you do well in the show.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thanks. 

The news paper has phoned me today, they want to take some pic's for next weeks paper. I can't believe it, very shocked! So will keep you all posted.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Those are brilliant pumpkins Rusty!  Fantastic!  Looking forward to seeing the newspaper article.

Did I detect a slight East Anglian accent? 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Wow - whoppersimage

Good luck tomorrow - let us know how you get onimageimage

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

Good luck!  I hope someone likes pumpkin soup!  image

• Thanks. 

Yes I'm from Suffolk and the paper was the "Beccles and Bungay Journal" Which is owned by the "E.D.P". It's going to be an article about my son growing a giant pumpkin, because he was the one that would water and feed it. He also filmed all of my gardening videos on YouTube. I will also be showing some long carrots and long parsnips, also a few other little bits. I will be posting all of my harvest videos to YouTube.  

• FruitcakeFruitcake Posts: 810

Wow! How much did they weigh? 

Hope you got on ok at the show image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Hey Rusty - I'm from Suffolk - spent most of my life in the Framlingham/Halesworth area - got transplanted to Norfolk relatively recently - it is lovely here but I'm a Tractor Girl at heart, and my family and many friends live down there so I'm down your way a lot.

Let me know when you and your son are in the Beccles & Bungay - I'll try to get hold of a copy image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.