Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Poorly tomato plant

LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

I was sent this picture from my brother who lives in Bulgaria asking what's up with his tomatoes today. I think there's a few problems going on here including the leaf curl which is probably down to the unseasonable wet and cold weather most of Central Europe has been suffering with this year. The brown spots on the leaves are a worry though and the yellowing, I've suggested a magnesium deficiency but am hoping a more experienced eye might be able to shed some more light on the issues.

In short, what's up with it?

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,731

Leggi, several of the leaves closest to camera look to have symptoms of a fungal problem. Any chance of some closer photos?

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

I think this is one of the worst affected leaves, any advice I can pass on would be most appreciated Italophile. image

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,731

That's fungal. Having had a closer look at the leaves closest to the camera in the first photo, there are fungal problems there too. All he can really do is remove the affected leaves and destroy them. The whole plant looks like it could do with some maintenace - trimming, tying up, etc.

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

Thanks, have passed your advice on. I'm sure I'll be on to bother you again in a few weeks time with my own tommies. image