London (change)
Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
06/03/2013 at 07:36

It looks like you've really started him off, he's posted 3 more useless threads!

06/03/2013 at 08:22

Doh!  Sorry  

06/03/2013 at 08:36

Dove, I didn't mean you personally! What a nutcase, can't believe there is no way to get rid of him. Although I must admit it's amusing to read some of the very pointed replies. Just a pity they seem to roll off him like water off a ducks back!

06/03/2013 at 11:39

For someone with a college education he certainly is a dunce.  It would be interesting to get hold of his gardening book (although I for one will be waiting for it to come into our local library, I won't waste my money on it).

I wonder if he realises that there are some very, very clever people on here, although I doubt it, as the more you know, the more you realise there are gaps in your knowledge.  Also, you don't need a college education to be a good gardener.  My Mum left school at 14, and is one of the best and most competent gardeners I know.  A friend of mine has dyslexia and so has no academic qualifications, yet he is a mountain leader, and has taught himself programming, and regularly has conversations with me (university-educated programmer) that my husband (degree in engineering and masters in Education) can't follow.

So College or University educated people can still be daft, it just means you're good at passing exams.  Common sense is not common, unless you're talking to a gardener.  I've never met a gardener that has a lack of common sense.  Not a successful gardener, anyway.

06/03/2013 at 16:22

HEHEHE.......This is like having a conversation with my 4 year old, when he's just been told he can't have any chocolate because he's got to have his tea first.

Wryly amused.

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages