Start a new thread

1 to 15 of 15 replies

Jacqueline29

I saw the following online and thought that some of you might be interested?

We’re absolutely delighted that many of our gardens are going to be the subject of a new television programme called All Gardens Great & Small, with Miranda Hart and her mother Dee Hart Dyke. The programme, which starts on Monday (August 21st) on More4, will follow past National Garden Scheme volunteer Dee as she travels the UK visiting gardens that open for us!

Might be worth watching, but sadly there are only three episodes.

Busy-Lizzie

Sounds my sort of programme, thank you.
I wish they would do another series of that programme showing gardens being picked for the NGS.

Sounds like it could be interesting.  Sadly it has Miranda Hart in it!  I know many people think she's great, but I really can't stand her.

Joyce21

KT 53 - mute the sound and enjoy the gardens.

Advertisement

I'm with you KT 53  .... I find her very irritating.

Good idea Joyce 

Bee

chicky

Thanks for the headsup - I'll certainly take a peek 

Hostafan1

Does anyone know if Dee Hart-Dyke is related to Tom Hart-Dyke , the plant hunter?

chicky

yes - Tom Hart-Dyke is Miranda Hart's cousin .....so I guess that makes her his Auntie Dee

Joyce21

No idea Hosta but she does have a "pedigree" background.

Joyce21 says:

KT 53 - mute the sound and enjoy the gardens.

See original post

Mute wouldn't work. I'd need some form of technology to cut Miranda Hart out of the picture completely.

I just have a horrible feeling that she will play the TV version of herself throughout the programme i.e. being stupid and annoying.

Nanniemo

Thanks for this Jacqueline29, I love visiting NGS gardens throughout the year and will definitely be watching this. I agree with you Busy-Lizzie, I used to enjoy the programme showing the gardens being picked for the NGS too.

Obelixx

Sounds like a good concept but not sure I can cope with a brace of Miranda, even if one is maybe older and wiser.

Nanniemo says:

Thanks for this Jacqueline29, I love visiting NGS gardens throughout the year and will definitely be watching this. I agree with you Busy-Lizzie, I used to enjoy the programme showing the gardens being picked for the NGS too.

See original post

I enjoyed those programmes too.  It was interesting to see the way different assessors worked too.  Most were really helpful and positive, whilst some seemed to be rather less so!