London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
501 to 510 of 510 messages
27/10/2014 at 23:08

Looks a lovely shop Beaus. 

27/10/2014 at 23:29

I had doors dipped in previous house and they were really good.  But I have recently bought chairs from ebay that I think had been dipped and the joints were loose due to the glue melting I think. 

28/10/2014 at 07:41

Thanks everyone for these answers.    I can probably re-glue or pin joints.  More worried about the state of the wood after dipping.    

28/10/2014 at 07:59

Used to have lots of furniture and doors dipped - joints do need re-doing if the furniture is old, and it does dry the wood a bit, but nothing that a good wax finish won't sort out. http://www.ehow.com/how_2123212_make-beeswax-wood-finish.html

28/10/2014 at 10:06

Thanks Dove.  I've checked and they do use solvants rather than caustic soda.   Just waiting to find out how long it takes as they're at Waterloo and that's about 50kms from here so needs some planning as I'm a busy girl.

However, if we get the hard winter people are predicting, it'll be agood winter project to keep me quiet in the dark days when gardening is impossible - that and painting obelisks and metal garden chairs and maybe sewing new sofa covers which I hope will be chic but not shabby.

Yesterday at 14:31

Obelixx I would need an ice age to get all those projects done! 

Yesterday at 19:43

Hello, just catching up  

Bekkie, thank you for your kind comments about my garden  yes it is Gaura lindheimeri (just looked it up !). Whilst it is bushy at the base it has very long stems which the winds twined together every which-way, at least four feet now and still flowering. Beautiful. Checking to see if I can divide it.

The coffee morning was geat fun, although the change in the weather meant I couldn't use all my 'shabby chic' skills  . Had lots of help from Beaus  it was good to talk through ideas.

Yesterday at 19:51

Beautiful flower arrangement artjak   . Echoing the colours I tried something similar with freesia in a jug 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/62895.jpg?width=653&height=350&mode=max

through the outside of the cloakroom window (crinkle glass) . With a bit of imagination, squinting and a close up it looks like a watercolour painting      

Yesterday at 19:52

Hello, just catching up  

Bekkie, thank you for your kind comments about my garden  yes it is Gaura lindheimeri (just looked it up !). Whilst it is bushy at the base it has very long stems which the winds twined together every which-way, at least four feet now and still flowering. Beautiful. Checking to see if I can divide it.

The coffee morning was geat fun, although the change in the weather meant I couldn't use all my 'shabby chic' skills  . Had lots of help from Beaus  it was good to talk through ideas.

Yesterday at 19:53

Dratted tablet - hiccups again   

email image
501 to 510 of 510 messages