Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Canterbury Bells

Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

I sowed some of these around the start of April. I kept them in the greenhouse as they germinated but have since become aware they prefer cool temps.

They have been outside in pots for about 5 or 6 weeks now and I must admit they are growing a bit faster and the biggest is perhaps 2" high. But even allowing for temperature, they seem to be VERY slow growing plants for a biennial? Any tips for growing them on? image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Get them in their final positions, and then give them a good watering in.They are biennial and need to make good root systems before next spring.

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

Do slugs like them fidget? I'm worried they'll get massacred...I could use the old lettuce distraction I suppose image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

Thanks for that Gertie. I now have renewed hope for them image I'm afraid I don't have an iPad, a laptop here but I'm not unfamiliar with the frustrations of technology.

• Pat EPat E Posts: 12,316

Me too Gertie. Drives me crazy.image

S. E. NSW
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

No ipad but have turned off predictive script on iphone and every other device that offers it. If I'm going to make a spelling mistake I want it to be all my ownimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

You're doing OK Gertie, I've switched off loads of stuffimage

In the sticks near Peterborough