Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Choisya ternata

Hi all,

I'm really annoyed right now. I ordered a lovely 2 ft choisya ternata online and it was delivered about 10 days ago. I went on holiday last Monday and planned to plant it out upon my return.

Most of you will remember that we had snow and hail last week. Therefore I kept it in my conservatory in a shady corner. Then whilst I was Spain the very hot weather hit Yorkshire, right after hail!  

So I've just got back and half the plant is brown and dead from extreme heat. The bottom is green and still alive. I've cut off all the dead bits so my question is how long will it take to return to what it was? I paid extra because I wanted it to be big. It's for hedging.  

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

If it's OK it will grow back pretty quickly. I hacked a mature one to the ground last summer, too late really, and it grew about a foot

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Thank you both so much, you've reassured me.

I've had a lovely holiday but had to stay positive after being very cleverly  targeted by pickpockets. Still everything felt fine,  until I got back and saw my almost ruined new plant. :(