Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Forgotten what I bought!

DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

I bought this plant quite a while ago and the label as disappeared. imageAny ideas what it is as I would like to plant it in the right situation.

Thought it began with the letter L image but have trolled through my books and can't find anything beginning with L that resembles it!!

Thanks.

• craftybelcraftybel Posts: 6

Shot in the dark, but could it be Leycesteria? Normally has pink flowers though, but can't think of another 'L'!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

It looks like a persicaria red dragon, but not very well. Does that ring any bells?

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

Thanks but I'm sure it is not a Persicaria...and not Leycesteria either. Forget about the 'L' ... putting that down to a senior moment! image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Could you show a close up of leaves and also of flowers?

We used to have enlarge function but its gone.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Leucothoe begins with an L

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

You're so funny! image

I know my alphabet ppimage

Hi Fidgetbones, I have just realised that there is no zoom function anymore- very frustrating!

Sorry, this picture is a bit blurry.

I haven't been on the site for a while and am shocked by the changes. I like the camera icon but the rest will take some getting used to....

Still looks like one of the leucothoes

That's it! That's it! Thank you very much Nutcutlet  image

- maybe I am not quite as mad as I thought I was...going to write that down  right now!