London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
4 messages
21/05/2012 at 21:58

I have a Geum (Mrs Bradshaw)for years,however it has both red and Yellow flowers on each stem this year!  have the yellow one too and planted them both in the same border last year I have moved the red one this year, temporarily into a large pot and as it was doing so well in the pot I decided to keep it there, it is now in flower with both colours on each stem has cannot understand how it has happened, it looks lovely though!! any one else have a red and yellow geum??

22/05/2012 at 07:16

I have a fw yellow buds on my red geums which I thought would be turnng red as they aged but now I can hope they'll stay yellow!

22/05/2012 at 10:58

My Geum is an old one and has been all over the garden, it never did much for years then I re-planted it in front of the greenhouse and it has really settled there. Now in full bloom orange flowers standing tall I did notice some yellow yesterday and on investigation discovered creeping buttercup.
Out that came and now there are only orange flowers.
Several of my plants have been round the garden including the Deutzia which is also now in full bloom and enjoying its semi shade position although it does get afternoon and evening sun.
i have no answer to the multi coloured Geum but it does sound interesting.

Frank.

22/05/2012 at 11:07

My deutzia is in the wrong place and is very leggy so after flowering I'm going to prune it hard and move it.  Will it be OK in a bit of a draft?

email image
4 messages