Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help! Anyone recognise this planr?

I know it's a lot to ask but I'v 18 of these coming up and no idea what they are. I'm making a graden for bees and butterflies, including wild flowers and aquatic plants. Anyone have any idea?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Not yet image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• image Thanks anyway..I won't know whether to put them in the bog garden, sunny side or shade. Maybe when they get a bit bigger but I'm so itchy to plan where everything is going (Moved in 8/9 months ago and completely removed lawn to make garden)

• I grew them from seed and have messed up labels...I know most of others but these were a surprise. I found a dozen plants growing in the porch and then found 6 outside in plastic greenhouse. Wish I was more organised!

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I wish I was more organised as well Maureenimage

I didn't realise they were seedlings,  I thought thy looked like little divisions. But I am viewing on a very small screenimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

They're far too small to be thinking of planting them out so just grow them on till roots start to show at the bottom of their cells then pot them up into 4"/10cm pots and grow on again.  By the time they're big enough to cope with life outside in the borders they'll be recognisable by someone.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Yes odf course I'm growing them on (they took a long time to germinate..another clue) but it's just I've grown so many plants and only have small garden so it would help to know how big they are going to be and where I can put them. Will post another pic when they are bigger image