London (change)
Today 24°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
21 to 23 of 23 messages
19/06/2012 at 22:00

Dovefromabove, I got mine from seedaholic via ebay. I was very impressed with the cost, their speed of delivery, information & most importantly how well the seeds germinated. Like I said I didn't even read the sowing instructions and they still came up. I've got loads of them- the white variety. Good luck with yours. Brilliant advice about the seeds too.

When would be the best time to plant them out?

Robot- I thought I could tell he was a brilliant dog. The rescues & strays are always the best, so loyal and great friends. Sounds like you found each other

20/06/2012 at 08:00

In the past I've just waited until the seed cases are brown and beginnning to open, then I cut the stalk off and take it to where I want them to grow and shake vigorously.  In the spring there'll be lots of little plants and when they're big enough to handle I thin them out and transplant as necessary.  

Sadly that was some years ago and having left that house at the wrong time of year I couldn't bring any with me - there followed several years of having only a shady courtyard garden until now - that's why I'm so keen to get some established again.  

20/06/2012 at 10:45

It is a new plant for me and one which I hope I can keep going around the garden.  I'm keeping an eye on the seed pods and hubs is instructed to forget about his cementing until the pods are ready.  I'm sure I can find him something more meaningful and interesting to do

email image
21 to 23 of 23 messages