Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

mystery indoor tree

We have a cool new plant, bought from a florists in Copenhagen. But we can't find its name so we don't know how to take care of it. I now need to work out how to post some photos...

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Are you into bonsai trees Jen - very attractive one in the background.  Sorry I don't know what your inside one is.

• Hi Forester2, my boyfriend's work, not mine.  And yes, there are a few of them about, all looking pretty vigorous.  Thanks so much for replying.  Really hoping someone can help us out with the latest arrival, before we inadvertantly kill it, anyway!

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Can you contact the florists Jen and send them a picture perhaps to identify the plant?

• Well, no, not really, its just somewhere we wandered into when walking past on holiday.  and anyway, knowing what it is in Danish isn't going to help us much.  I'm hopeful though, someone on here must know.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Danish is beyond most of us, but do you have the Latin name?

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

European florists tend to sell some rare-ish plants suchs as Norfolk Island pine, Pseudopanax ferox etc. Even if you get a Danish name, you should be able to find a site with the Danish name and brackets its Latin name, and from that you can easily get the English name. I have done that a few times around Europe and Asia.

• Thanks so much everyone. Lots to try there...
  • Oh wow, I'm so grateful, thanks!