Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

A friend has asked me the folowing: "I am trying to find out what has appeared in my garden.   It is bright orange about 15/18 inches high., now has a second flower about the size and same colour as an orange poppy (like the Welsh yellow one)  On a very slender stem a bit like a freesia stem not really any leaves as such  although there could be one coming up from the base.   It is only one  flower on each stem and opens like a trumpet and closes up again."  She has sent me the following photos - Anyone got any ideas?  It can't be a day lily because there don't seem, to be any leaves. 

I assume it is from a bulb

Hiya jabee

Now, I am not too,hot on identifying some of these plants  from photos but it does look,like a day lily to me.  

I grow quite a number of day lilies but,I agree yours is short on foliage....

addict

I know it I know it but can I think of the name?  Had it growing in one of my customeres gardens a couple of years ago.

addict

Ixia!!!!!  just came to me well pretty sure thats what it is. 

Thank you so much, Verdun and addict - and I think Ixia is probably right.  I knew I had seen it before somewhere but couldn't pinpoint it.  I've passed the info on to my friend and she is grateful to you too.