London (change)
Today 14°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 10°C
5 messages
07/05/2013 at 19:36

I have a beautiful flowering cherry and every year it is stunning in full bloom, however last year and this i have no blossom at all. It is growing and producers leaves and has no signs of disease. Any one have any idea in what it is lacking? 

07/05/2013 at 19:47

Give it a potassium rich fertiliser. It sounds like the sort of symptom caused by a nitrogen rich soil. Is it in a lawn, and if so,have you been feeding the lawn?

09/05/2013 at 19:07

Hi thank you very much for your response. It is actually in a hard standing on the drive, therefore I wondered if perhaps it may also not have received enough water this year it only has a metre square at its base to gain nutrients and water. We have had it for 10 years and been stunning up until last year. Next door has also planted two trees very close to it, an Ash and a Fig.

I think we will cut away the hard standing and give it a good Potassium feed.

09/05/2013 at 19:41

Usually plants stressed by drought are induced to flower rather than producing green growth. Part of their survival mechanism suspecting death so wanting to produce seeds. 

09/05/2013 at 20:53

Sparrows eat all the flowers buds on our dwarf cherry.,,,Prunus incisa Kojo- no- mai.

Only bottom branches have flowers.

Perfectly healthy otherwise

email image
5 messages