Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

no more food talk please :o(

budlia63budlia63 Posts: 141

I am too full to think of food and my thoughts are wandering outdoors.  Has anyone got bulbs showing?  I can see tiny snowdrop tips and daffs and the leaves of crocus but is it too late to plant up the daffs and the tulips that i didn't get time and space for but are still in our garage?

• I'd say still worth planting, get 'em in!
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Well if you don'timage- you may as well bin themimage

They will still flower-just later-and with luck should flower again at the right time next year with a bit of feeding once finished-though tulips are aways a bit iffy for coming back againimage

I can see tips of many bulbsimage

• budlia63budlia63 Posts: 141

job for 2moz then thanx

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

Snowdrops are up . Russian snowflakes are up but can't remember what they are called - Pusc- something or other . Also Dutch Iris. The star of the show is my jasmine but it's a houseplant. It started flowering Christmas Day and the smell is just divine. image

Nature's own air-freshner . image

• I have daffodils coming up despite being drowned,there are signs that spring is not far away ,one hopes.I have spot blossom on cherry type trees,must be Japanese.I have the yellow wintering jasmine out in the garden and its doing very well this year and also I still have some imagecyclamens and roses out in bloom.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

The yellow winter Jasmine makes a fab cut flower; bring it indoors - stick it in some water and all the buds open wonderfully over the next couple of days.

• jo4eyesjo4eyes Posts: 2,058

Now that's something I've never thought to do. image Thxs artjak.

Was pleased to see lots of signs of bulbs showing in various borders when nipped out to feed the birds today & even the start of new buds on the rose I transplanted in November. image J.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Blue bells are starting to show in my front garden, it's some what sheltered though and they grow by a wallimage.  

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

In summer here in France plants and roses are nearly a month in advance but at this time of year there is nothing showing. Cyclamen well over, no sign of a bulb. They know that winter here can be very cold, but come March they will be growing like mad.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • budlia63budlia63 Posts: 141

wow some great signs for the spring I also have buds on roses looking good and camellia i can't wait to see(all the buds sropped off this year)