London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
1 message
02/06/2014 at 22:48

You have probably by now realised.  Mike doesn't stick to the book. To me, the experts have already said it.  Now let us students run wild.  Perhaps that is not a correct saying.  When we consider.  There are scientist across the world taking chances, experimenting.  To cut to the chase.  A very dear friend and forum member recenty asked me.  Whilst mowing the lawn.  I ended up, cutting off a few sweet williams.  I removed the flower heads, and the lower leaves and stuck them in the edge of the container.  Already, I notice new shoots appearing.  Will these cutting grow.

YES.  Sweet williams belong to the dianthus family, that include our wonderful Pinks and Carnations.  Despite being classified as Biennials, sow seed this year, plant out and next year flowers are produced, then death.  Mind you. such plants  well and truly do self seed.  By experimenting.  Here.  My friend has in a sense interupted nature.  By takeing a cutting  you have in fact, advanced this plant.   Botanically and scientifically. The memory banks as such, are stored in the roots.  So in princilpe, all that grows from those roots is destined to the creators divine plan. Now you have interrupted the process.  Your cutting has now become an individual.  Within it's body lies all the DNA etc that programs life.  So by you sticking the cutting in good old mother earth, all the DNA is now transferred to fastly developing and in a sense, re-creating.  So in this simple experiment.  You might be said to have tricked nature.  However.  Your new plant will grow, and yes, it will flower and eventually set seed and die.  Because that very special part of all of our make up.  DNA cannot be changed.

email image
1 message