London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
21 to 29 of 29 messages
22/01/2012 at 08:51

Hi there,

By the marina in Torquay, agapanthus have been flowering since mid December! last week we cut our lawn and weeded all the borders.

22/01/2012 at 23:37

I'm in Torquay and i still have a passion flower in flower, and Daisy's happily popping their heads up on a lawn that's looks like it needs cutting??

23/01/2012 at 10:23

My perennial geraniums have been flowering for at least a month but my passion flower still has flower buds on them from last year can't wait for it to flower.

27/01/2012 at 12:06

An espallier camelia on a trellis in sunny (sic) Manchester showed its first colour on New Year's Day & it is now full of blooms despite frosts since then.

I planted some lovely double young hellebore orientalis last year; some started flowering in August & they are still giving a grand show.

27/01/2012 at 14:42

January27th and my roses are still blooming.  This is Queen Elizabeth, a very tall

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/5373.jpg?width=413&height=350&mode=max

, large flowered rose.

27/01/2012 at 16:56

I live in the East Midlands (cold in the winter - hot in the summer...well that's what folk reckon anyway) but I have marigolds in flower and my snowdrops and some crocus are in flower.  I just dread to think how many bugs will survive.  In the autumn we had lots more ladybirds than I had ever seen in the garden, but this week I have seen midges in flight, and a blue bottle, plus several 'bishy barnaby' (as they call ladybirds in Norfolk - lovely name for them).  Last week about ten miles away I saw a garden full of lady's smock. 

27/01/2012 at 18:06

The flowers of Geranium macrorhizzum are bursting their pink buds in Bristol - next summer's Flowers!

28/01/2012 at 11:05

If you have a non flowering house plant, such as Parlour Palm or a fern, or even a flowering plant which is not at present flowering; you can make it look more cheerful and even fool some of your friends by sticking an artificial flower in the pot.  It adds a little brightness in these dark winter days and just a bit of fun.  Old gardener.   

13/02/2012 at 14:37

It's really weird that some flowers have already started to bloom somehow. Don't you think! Thanks for sharing the pics. I can already smell the spring *haha* I love it when everything starts to flower Sometimes I order myself flowers by post in the winter season, therefore the cold weather won't last so ling, because they cheer me up

email image
21 to 29 of 29 messages