Start a new thread

21 to 29 of 29 replies

Hi there,

By the marina in Torquay, agapanthus have been flowering since mid December! last week we cut our lawn and weeded all the borders.

meow

I'm in Torquay and i still have a passion flower in flower, and Daisy's happily popping their heads up on a lawn that's looks like it needs cutting??

Clare Price

My perennial geraniums have been flowering for at least a month but my passion flower still has flower buds on them from last year can't wait for it to flower.

An espallier camelia on a trellis in sunny (sic) Manchester showed its first colour on New Year's Day & it is now full of blooms despite frosts since then.

I planted some lovely double young hellebore orientalis last year; some started flowering in August & they are still giving a grand show.

happymarion

January27th and my roses are still blooming.  This is Queen Elizabeth, a very tall

, large flowered rose.

Advertisement

I live in the East Midlands (cold in the winter - hot in the summer...well that's what folk reckon anyway) but I have marigolds in flower and my snowdrops and some crocus are in flower.  I just dread to think how many bugs will survive.  In the autumn we had lots more ladybirds than I had ever seen in the garden, but this week I have seen midges in flight, and a blue bottle, plus several 'bishy barnaby' (as they call ladybirds in Norfolk - lovely name for them).  Last week about ten miles away I saw a garden full of lady's smock. 

happymarion

The flowers of Geranium macrorhizzum are bursting their pink buds in Bristol - next summer's Flowers!

If you have a non flowering house plant, such as Parlour Palm or a fern, or even a flowering plant which is not at present flowering; you can make it look more cheerful and even fool some of your friends by sticking an artificial flower in the pot.  It adds a little brightness in these dark winter days and just a bit of fun.  Old gardener.   

It's really weird that some flowers have already started to bloom somehow. Don't you think! Thanks for sharing the pics. I can already smell the spring *haha* I love it when everything starts to flower Sometimes I order myself flowers by post in the winter season, therefore the cold weather won't last so ling, because they cheer me up