Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Problems with Polyanthus

Hi, the majority of my polys are looking really nice, they are on the patio and around the garage, up against a wall. However the ones out in the open in the garden in large square containers seem to look nibbled. I suspect slugs for that, but the crown of them don't look great. They seem to grow for a bit then die back, more leafs grow but always looking very stunted. I'm wondering if the slugs are using these as a salad bar! Strange how they have left the ones on the patio.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

Put some wildlife friendly slug pellets down and see if that does the trick.   The ones round the patio and up against walls are probably dryer and less easy for slugs to access.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Thanks, I give it a try

• LOL! Good point Edd!

But I think we know what obelixx meansimage

• DaisydayDaisyday Posts: 373

I find that birds damage polyanthus and primrose flowers, particularly yellow ones for some reason.

• Thanks daydaisy, never gave that a thought.